• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

British Universities fall in best university league table

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British Universities fall in best university league table

BBC News - US dominates university rankings

Not surprising really. If higher education has fallen in standards, one can only imagine what has happened to GCSE and A level standards.
    All the universities have jsut become factories churing out paper degrees.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Don't be silly, Minestrone has three of those and look at him, such a shining example of Scotland's 'speshul educashun' system.
    "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
      Don't be silly, Minestrone has three of those and look at him, such a shining example of Scotland's 'speshul educashun' system.
      Buckfast problem

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
        Buckfast problem
        He's got three degrees you know.

"I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post

To his credit he did build a AtW search engine clone in a day. I am not sure what that proves, but certainly shows that Russian Universities are lagging behind.
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
            BBC News - US dominates university rankings

Not surprising really. If higher education has fallen in standards, one can only imagine what has happened to GCSE and A level standards.
            All the universities have jsut become factories churing out paper degrees.
            In the US it costs something like $100k to get a degree from a decent place. It damn well should be good.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              In the US it costs something like $100k to get a degree from a decent place. It damn well should be good.
              and the ones who aren't good enough get sent to my 'university' I've never seen so many designer handbags/clothes/snazzy cars in my life!

Comment

It's also because they are completely unashamed about charging a fortune and using rich students to fund the best education, which pooer students will have difficulty making use of.

Is that unfair - Labour would certainly say so - but the fact the UK universities are falling behind is is an example that fairness means dragging the top down, rather then levelling everyone else up.

Comment

We might as well do away with academic qualifications now that they are worthless.

I propose that we award knighthoods instead. One of those would look great on a CV and almost guarantee employment. The target would be that 50% of students would be awarded a knighthood, and the rest an OBE. 100% employment beckons. How could it possibly fail?

Comment

Working...
                  X