• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Daily Doom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Doom

UK overdue an earthquake that could kill scores of people at any moment | Mail Online

Britain is overdue a killer earthquake that could see up to 100 people crushed to death, a leading geologist has warned.
    Dr Roger Musson of the British Geological Survey believes a fracture in the earth's crust beneath the English Channel could slip at any time, sending a tremor rippling across the south east.
    The same fault was to blame for one of Britain's biggest earthquakes in the last 500 years - a magnitude 6 quake that killed two children in London in 1580

You'll find me quivering under the bed if you need me.

Merseyside Mullet finds a job as simulated earthquake victim;

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Dr Roger Musson of the British Geological Survey believes a fracture in the earth's crust beneath the English Channel could slip at any time, sending a tremor rippling across the south east, similar in size and destructive effect, as the one experienced the last time threaded fell off his bike!

FTFY

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Dr Roger Musson of the British Geological Survey believes a fracture in the earth's crust beneath the English Channel could slip at any time, sending a tremor rippling across the south east.
        ´ang on a minute; I live in NL about 3 metres above sea level. I might be hit by a tsunami.

PANIC!
        PANIC!
        Put the kettle on!

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          ´ang on a minute; I live in NL about 3 metres above sea level. I might be hit by a tsunami.
          You live on a hill?
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            You live on a hill?
            Yeah, sort of. There's a 'berg' nearby that's nearly 70 metres high. The locals get all dizzy trying to cycle up it; must be altitude sickness.

Comment

The voices in my head tell me that Dr Roger Musson has just been told his research funding is under threat.
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                The voices in my head tell me that Dr Roger Musson has just been told his research funding is under threat.
                He only needs to propose that earthquakes are caused by man made global warming and he's laughing.

Comment

He only needs to propose that earthquakes are caused by man made global warming and he's laughing.
                  No one would dare question it. Or at least only raving nutters.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                    Hmm, I think he's right; there is indeed a fault under the channel. Thing is, 'could slip at any time', in geological terms means 'sometime in the next 1000 years or so'.

Comment

Working...
                    X