• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The official "great things about Britain" thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pub crawl tonight, and one of the pubs had a bit tulip like Erdinger - tasted total tulip, very unusual for the place, anyway brought it back to the bar and said - this is tulip, gimme Guiness - and they gave it to me for free without charging extra!

Turns out this is one of the things that can happen in Britain, great I say!

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Pub crawl tonight, and one of the pubs had a bit tulip like Erdinger - tasted total tulip, very unusual for the place, anyway brought it back to the bar and said - this is tulip, gimme Guiness - and they gave it to me for free without charging extra!

Was it just a bad pint of erdinger or do you just not like erdinger?
    Bad pint then fair enough. However if you didn't like the erdinger in the first place then you shouldn't have ordered a full pint of it

Comment

Yep, that's what I'd expect. In my six years "behind bars" I'd never charge a customer the difference for a replacement if they weren't happy, and I've never found anywhere that does - and I'm a very fussy bugger when it comes to real ale

One of my best experiences of that kind was some years back at a pub near Malvern. I'd got a pint and was sat there reading the paper, waiting for a friend. I was about a quarter of the way through the pint (which was fine) when the landlord came over and put a fresh pint down in front of me, saying "I've just changed the Pedigree, and I think you might have a bit of the bottom of the last cask in there"

Comment

My local brews its own beer and has a few guest ales available, they always offer a small glass to taste before you buy.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Anything beyond getting a free pint to replace a bad one

Comment

Originally posted by gadgetman View Post
            Anything beyond getting a free pint to replace a bad one
            There's this:

(Credit to Kieran Doherty, but his site is all-Flash so there's no point linking to it.)
            Last edited by NickFitz; 19 September 2010, 06:13.

Comment

And this:

Comment

It's very green.

Comment

This could be a very very short thread
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X