• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

GP earns £475K.. public sector pay analysis on BBC News

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GP earns £475K.. public sector pay analysis on BBC News

Forget cracking down on tax avoidance to raise cash. This lot are ripe for the picking....

BBC News: Public Sector pay: The numbers
    Last edited by CheeseSlice; 20 September 2010, 10:21.

GPs are not public sector employees.

Comment

"Number of individuals earning over £100,000" is surprisingly low for a couple of those silos.

(can we still say "silos" or has the MBA community officially retired that in favour of "verticals"?).

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        GPs are not public sector employees.
        No, they are public sector contractors, and are very well paid ones at that.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          No, they are public sector contractors, and are very well paid ones at that.
          If only I could get a contract like the "GP contract".. bonuses for quality and performance. I bet its all self assessed. Kind of like a waiter in a restaurant calculating his own tip and taking it from your credit card without asking.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
            Kind of like a waiter in a restaurant calculating his own tip and taking it from your credit card without asking.
            Well, that's what they do - I regularly see 10% added to bill automatically as a tip...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Well, that's what they do - I regularly see 10% added to bill automatically as a tip...
              Oh FFS, who woke you up? HAB?

Comment

University College London NHS foundation trust employs 17 people performing "admin and clerical" duties, all over £100,000, one of them £250,000!

Time to swot up on how to work the photocopier! Boomed!
                It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                  If only I could get a contract like the "GP contract".. bonuses for quality and performance. I bet its all self assessed. Kind of like a waiter in a restaurant calculating his own tip and taking it from your credit card without asking.
                  The figures come from clinical data. Health care has improved massively because of the new contract as the GP is rewarded for early detection.

Comment

GP earns £475K
                    Poof - Is that all??

Comment

Working...
                    X