• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What exactly is tax avoidance?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What exactly is tax avoidance?

Poll to follow...
    Using offshore accounts
    14.29%
    Using loophole schemes (EBTs)
    17.14%
    Paying yourself in dividends instead of salary
    11.43%
    Being a non-dom
    14.29%
    Putting money in an ISA
    8.57%
    Tax planning with a pension fund
    8.57%
    Using Andyw as an accountant?
    25.71%
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

obvious guilty bloke looking to see how far he can get away with stuff
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

There is a fine line. but I've no idea where it is.
      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post

obvious guilty bloke looking to see how far he can get away with stuff
        I haven't done anything illegal - I'm curious as to what counts as 'morally indefensible'
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
          I'm curious as to what counts as 'morally indefensible'
          Taking away half of someone else's money under threat of force.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

2 Spending more money than the people can afford to give you, thereby saddling their children with debts.

Comment

3 Mortgaging the population's future to banks run by people who are not democratically accountable.

Comment

4 Perverting the English language to call spending more money than we have 'investing in public services'.

Comment

5 Selling the people's gold at an irresponsibly low price.

Comment

Every man is entitled if he can to order his affairs so as that the tax attaching under the appropriate Acts is less than it otherwise would be. If he succeeds in ordering them so as to secure this result, then, however unappreciative the Commissioners of Inland Revenue or his fellow taxpayers may be of his ingenuity, he cannot be compelled to pay an increased tax.
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                    X