• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weirdo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weirdo

Just had a phone call from my 18yr old sister as she was pretty freaked out.

She caught the early train as usual this morning on her way to work, sits down, minds her own business and reads a book rather than interact with the great unwashed.

A few stops later this weirdo gets on the train, apparently he looked like some nerdy train spotter type (think this sort of guy) with his packed lunch box, mandatory anorac and camera round his neck. He starts mumbling and acting weird that some person was sat in his seat further down the carraige even though he didn't have a reservation then eventually decides to sit in the only seat left right next to her. Ignoring the obvious weirdo she continues to read her book, most likely some sort of smutty novel knowing her, and trying to wake herself up before work.

This 35ish yr old anorac then introduces himself as noddy, nigel or someother geek name which freaked my sister out big time so she politely turns away and continues to read her book. He then leans over towards her and breathes like some sort of sex pervert in her ear !! unbelieveable on a public train, when she flinched a little he started muttering about asking her what she was reading and some weird sh!t about the seat reservation system which totally freaked her out. She sat as far away on her seat as possible from him and tried not be sick as he got out some mangy old sandwiches out of his lunch box and started eating them in a ratlike style... then got out a top shelf mens mag and started read it while making strange grunting noises, the freak had even tried to cover the mag up with some old chipshop paper

There are some weird as hell people out there folks, be warned.
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Was it gricerboy?
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
        Just had a phone call from my 18yr old sister as she was pretty freaked out.

She caught the early train as usual this morning on her way to work, sits down, minds her own business and reads a book rather than interact with the great unwashed.

A few stops later this weirdo gets on the train, apparently he looked like some nerdy train spotter type (think this sort of guy) with his packed lunch box, mandatory anorac and camera round his neck. He starts mumbling and acting weird that some person was sat in his seat further down the carraige even though he didn't have a reservation then eventually decides to sit in the only seat left right next to her. Ignoring the obvious weirdo she continues to read her book, most likely some sort of smutty novel knowing her, and trying to wake herself up before work.

This 35ish yr old anorac then introduces himself as noddy, nigel or someother geek name which freaked my sister out big time so she politely turns away and continues to read her book. He then leans over towards her and breathes like some sort of sex pervert in her ear !! unbelieveable on a public train, when she flinched a little he started muttering about asking her what she was reading and some weird sh!t about the seat reservation system which totally freaked her out. She sat as far away on her seat as possible from him and tried not be sick as he got out some mangy old sandwiches out of his lunch box and started eating them in a ratlike style... then got out a top shelf mens mag and started read it while making strange grunting noises, the freak had even tried to cover the mag up with some old chipshop paper

There are some weird as hell people out there folks, be warned.
        I think it's a sad indictment of the times in which we live that a young lady can't undertake a journey on the British rail network without being subjected to this kind of unwanted attention. Had I been travelling on the same train I would have gladly taken her under my wing. You should inform your sister that the recommended course of action is to contact the British Transport Police.

Comment

I once (first and last time, geez it was expensive) caught a Eurostar train and the comedian of a ticket office woman apparently thought it would be funny to seat me next to a young lady also travelling alone. Nothing unusual about that you may say. Well, the rest of the carriage was empty, or near enough, which didn't go unnoticed by the young lady, who pointed this out. She reseated herself.

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
            I think it's a sad indictment of the times in which we live that a young lady can't undertake a journey on the British rail network without being subjected to this kind of unwanted attention. Had I been travelling on the same train I would have gladly taken her under my wing. You should inform your sister that the recommended course of action is to contact the British Transport Police.
            I think she'll just avoid early morning trains from now on and is looking into getting a car, her new boyfriend is a member of one of these secret societies and knows someone who can help get her a good deal on the thing.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
              her new boyfriend is a member of one of these secret societies and knows someone who can help get her a good deal on the thing.
              What, he works for Vauxhall??

Comment

I was the cause of a similar situation a few years ago - I decided to return home early one day so caught a stopping train on an alternative route rather than my usual fast direct jobbie

Seated in the seats infront was a young girl (14ish) and her younger brother and unfortunately the poster showing the stations along the route was directly above her head.

She must have become uncomfortable with my constant looking (above her head) as I mentally ticked off each station as we passed, so eventually dragged brother to alternate seats - the train conductor thinking they were new joiners asked to see their tickets, to which she replied "you've already seen them - we've moved because that man over there (me) keeps staring at me!!!

Silly bint
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by chef;1197654

A few stops later this weirdo gets on the train, apparently he looked like some nerdy train spotter type ([URL="http://sad-bastards.co.uk/Themes/default/images/common/Trainspotter.png"
                  think this sort of guy[/URL]) with his packed lunch box, mandatory anorac and camera round his neck.
                  Sure it wasn't him?

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

very sure

Comment

Working...
                    X