• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crispy bread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crispy bread

I just bought a nice loaf of bread for 23p (and some jam doughnuts for 18p - 75% reductions). The bread looks nice and has poppy seeds etc. Can I make it crispy again?

I'm thinking of giving a quick doush with water and then bunging it in the oven. I've seen tips for using the microwave, but that doesn't sound like a good crispy route.

Feck, hit the wrong button and sent the post before I'd written it.
    Last edited by TimberWolf; 20 September 2010, 18:01.

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I just bought a nice loaf of bread for 23p (and some jam doughnuts for 18p - 75% reductions). The bread looks nice and has poppy seeds etc. Can I make it crispy again?

I'm thinking of giving a quick doush with water and then bunging it in the oven. I've seen tips for using the microwave, but that doesn't sound like a good crispy route.

Microwave does not work well. Use a damp (do not soak) cloth and quickly wipe the bread. Use a high heat. It only partially works because all it is doing is dissolving the crystals with steam.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

why don't you just bung it in the toaster?
      I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
        why don't you just bung it in the toaster?
        That could be plan B for slices, but I fancy doing the whole loaf. High heat it is...

Comment

Reminds me of a popular TV presenter whose name was/is Christopher Peacock:

Christopher Peacock - Hompage

I did actually meet him in my youth when he did a tour of the factory where I worked, I think for a TV story he was covering.

You might be asking "what has this to do with a thread about crispy bread?". Well, the truth is that he would always shorten his first name, so when he was introduced on prime time TV he was presented as "Chris Peacock", and sign off with the same. Which as you can probably appreciate was a source of some amusement (well I was young and titters were easily raised....).

Comment

I just bought a nice loaf of bread for 23p. The bread looks nice and has poppy seeds etc. Can I make it crispy again?
            So you bought something that looks nice but is actually cheap and tulipty. Have you considered not getting conned?
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
            X