• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jim Davidson

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jim Davidson

Is he still performing? Worth going to see?

I see the Stephen Fry tour has been a sell-out. What's the point? - He's on Dave every single night!
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Well, he's still doing panto.

Jim Davidson's pantomime breaks Geneva Convention
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
      Who cares? Probably not, as he's an utter c**t
      "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post

I see the Stephen Fry tour has been a sell-out. What's the point? - He's on Dave every single night!
        Only if you like racism.

Do you like racism?
        "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

I've met him, he's a good bloke - his stage persona is very different from real life.

Tone

Comment

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
            I've met him, he's a good bloke - his stage persona is very different from real life.

Tone
            At any point in the conversation did he use the word "darkies"?
            "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
              At any point in the conversation did he use the word "darkies"?

No.

Tone

Comment

Only even seen about a couple of mainstream TV shows and those are often very different to what they do in clubs, Bob Monkhouse was Hilarious on the club scene apparently. Had a brief look online and still none the wiser but did discover this by chance. Never have too much silly.

http://mirror.uncyc.org/wiki/Jim_Davidson
                Last edited by xoggoth; 15 January 2011, 12:10.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
                  Only if you like racism.

Do you like racism?
                  I have black and Indian friends. The one common thing among us is that we actually share racist jokes (only if they're worth it, actually have to be extremely funny) and we largely object to people being aggressively anti racist. No smoke without fire, person doth protest too much etc etc.

I think in a way it's similar to a bloke being so happy with his sexuality that he wouldn't mind pranking around with another bloke, for comedic affect. The bloke that is strongly opposed to doing this, and protesteth loudly would put a doubt in the minds of the bystanders.

That said, Jim Davidson's jokes just aren't funny, so whether racist or not would not be welcome in our house or circle of friends.

Flame away
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                  X