• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agony aunt required

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agony aunt required

I'm at a crossroads and I need a push. I know that y'all are nothing if not candid, so maybe one of you can give me the verbal ass-kicking I need. Here's my personal situation:

* I've been with my girlfriend here in London for years and years.
    * I can't bring myself to marry her
    * I want to go back to NZ/Oz to be closer to my folks and my new neice whom I've never seen (and to escape the winter)
    * My girlfriend is European and doesn't want to leave London
    * She never wants to have kids

This is where it gets really dire:

* I can't bring myself to say goodbye, so my plan is to wait until she goes to the US for a short trip in November and then pack up and fly out.
    * When she gets home I'm pretty sure she will be devastated.
    * I don't know how I will handle being on my own after so many years with her, even though I've never been really happy with her.

Well, that's the gist of it. Any thoughts/comments are appreciated.

I was going to move this to the Welcome forum, but on reading this post I think I'll leave it here.

You deserve all you get, sockie.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by ghost View Post
      I'm at a crossroads and I need a push. I know that y'all are nothing if not candid, so maybe one of you can give me the verbal ass-kicking I need. Here's my personal situation:

* I want to go back to NZ/Oz to be closer to my folks and my new neice whom I've never seen (and to escape the winter)

* I can't bring myself to say goodbye, so my plan is to wait until she goes to the US for a short trip in November and then pack up and fly out.
      * I don't know how I will handle being on my own after so many years with her, even though I've never been really happy with her.

Right, where do I start?

Oh yeah. Firstly, grow a pair!

Secondly, tell her it's over, go back to NZ/OZ and marry your neice, you're all a bunch of f**king inbred criminals anyway.

End of.

Comment

If she suspects this is the sort of guy you are that might explain why she doesn't want to have kids with you. The fact you are even asking is pretty clear evidence she will be better of without you. You should man up and tell her how you feel, for your own sake if nothing else. Otherwise you'll need to spend the rest of your life knowing that you are a cowardly little tulip.

HTH
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

* When she gets home I'm pretty sure she will be over the moon.

Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

If you don't want the drama, do what you planned and let her go to the US and move out. Make sure you pay up all the bills and anything you owe her.
            Send her a mail and tell her all two days before she comes back. Let her make plans for when she comes back. If she wants to face it alone then it is her choice.

Getting out of a relationship without a restraining order is a result

My advise is based on the fact you have let this drag on for years because it was easy, you are not going to change now, take the easy way out.
            Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Few options

1) Treat her like tulip for a while until she leaves you
              2) Tell her you're gay
              3) Get caught with someone else
              4 Do a runner
              5) Just tell her

I've done all five at some , but number 5 is the most difficult. Nothing worse than a lass clinging to your leg like a homesick turd.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                If you don't want the drama, do what you planned and let her go to the US and move out. Make sure you pay up all the bills and anything you owe her.
                Send her a mail and tell her all two days before she comes back. Let her make plans for when she comes back. If she wants to face it alone then it is her choice.

Getting out of a relationship without a restraining order is a result

My advise is based on the fact you have let this drag on for years because it was easy, you are not going to change now, take the easy way out.
                **** her over and ruin her holiday. Classy.

Make sure and film yourself having a threesome with a couple of hookers in the bed you share and leave it in the video for her to watch when she get in as well.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

If this is not a sockie, I am flabbergasted people like this exist.
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

wrong forum mate,

you need to go ask the guys at 4Chan what they think you should do, please keep us updated though, it'll be far more interesting than a lot of the other sockpuppets around here..
                    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                    X