• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Commonwealth games

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commonwealth games

BBC News - Concerns over Delhi Commonwealth Games village

Perhaps we should send our teenagers over there to learn a trade.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    BBC News - Concerns over Delhi Commonwealth Games village

Perhaps we should send our teenagers over there to get some exercise.
    ftfy
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Looks like Bob's skills also extend to bridge building.

Does anyone actually watch the Commonwealth Games?

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
        Looks like Bob's skills also extend to bridge building.

Does anyone actually watch the Commonwealth Games?
        Testing sign-off - the customer got what the customer wanted....
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

At least they are much better at writing software.

Comment

Team delegates have described the accommodation as filthy, unhygienic and unfit for human habitation.
            Once again people have unrealistic expectations in the globalised world. They are going to have to set their sights lower if they will to compete with the Indians and Chinese.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

It was a trip to India that ended my hopes of becoming a professional rugby player. If I were a young athlete now, I wouldn’t go unless the team has its own kitchen staff, its own cleaning staff and its own food supplies shipped in from Dubai or some other developed place. Serious; India’s got a lot of wonderful things, but with that level of hygiene it’s not a good place for athletes.

A number of athletes have pulled out stating 'security concerns', but in reality I think they're scared of getting food poisoning.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                Should that not be :

Corruption -Testing - bit more corruption - sign-off - the customer didn't get what the customer wanted....

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  Does that make amoebic dyssentry an 'added feature'?

Comment

Nitin Gokhale, security editor for NDTV, told Sky News that most of the injured are thought to be construction workers, who were working ahead of the opening ceremony on 3 October.

He said the bridge could have been weakened by weeks of heavy rains in the area.
                    The area being the area that suffers from monsoons around about September/October every year then?
                    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Working...
                    X