• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Poll: (The all new 2010) time benched before landing new role poll

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poll: (The all new 2010) time benched before landing new role poll

I searched the forums and found somebody had already used this poll in 2008.
    2 years later I think its time to do it again to see how (or if) things have changed.
    No time (i'm just born with it)
    35.71%
    < 1 week
    10.71%
    2 weeks (up to)
    0.00%
    3 weeks
    3.57%
    1 month
    3.57%
    2 months
    7.14%
    4 months
    3.57%
    6 months
    10.71%
    1 year
    0.00%
    > 1 year
    3.57%
    I'm currently benched
    17.86%
    So long I went permie
    0.00%
    AndyWs mum should hire me
    3.57%
    Last edited by CheeseSlice; 21 September 2010, 11:17. Reason: Poll created

<bump>

I know there aren't many votes yet, but I was kind of expecting more of a spread to emerge.

Any more?

Comment

Just voted.

Lots of contractors work on contracts which last more than 12 months so you might have wanted a proper N/A option in there
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Doesn't this vary between different contracts? Sometimes the next one is lined up before you leave, sometimes you have to wait for a varying amount of time.

Or do you mean last time?

Are you just interested for the sake of it - as your analysis will be somewhat flawed based on a badly worded single question.
        Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
        Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

Originally posted by Wodewick View Post
          Doesn't this vary between different contracts? Sometimes the next one is lined up before you leave, sometimes you have to wait for a varying amount of time.

Or do you mean last time?

Are you just interested for the sake of it - as your analysis will be somewhat flawed based on a badly worded single question.
          It looks fairly obvious what the OP is asking? How long have you been benched this year? I would assume on an accumulative basis.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by MayContainNuts View Post
            It looks fairly obvious what the OP is asking? How long have you been benched this year? I would assume on an accumulative basis.

HTH
            Fairly obvious!

You manage to interpret "time benched before landing new role" to "How long have you been benched this year (in total)?"

If thats what the OP wanted I much prefer your wording - very clear.
            Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
            Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

I mean literally, "how long were you on the bench before you landed your current contract?". I dont want cumulative figures for the year.

If you're in contract now, how long did you have to wait on the bench before you got it?
              If you've had more than one contract this year, I simply want to know about bench time before the current or most recent contract.

I guess I should have added that I only wanted to know about people who gained a new contract within the last 2 years.

Thanks for the responses so far

Comment

Working...
              X