• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anti depressants

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anti depressants

Anybody use this or live with/work with someone who does ?

Had a recent episode with a junior guy who behaved quite aggressively with me regarding a trivial matter. Later found he is on some medication for depression. Googling the said medication has made me nervous since it says patients tend to commit murder of someone who they think is bothering them or commit suicide.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Did he fly jets?

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post

Had a recent episode with a junior guy who behaved quite aggressively with me regarding a trivial matter. Later found he is on some medication for depression. Googling the said medication has made me nervous since it says patients tend to commit murder of someone who they think is bothering them or commit suicide.
      I'm assuming that you meant to register a sockie before you posted that sh!te.

Comment

Don't worry. I dont need drugs to make me feel like I need to murder someone.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Don't worry. I dont need drugs to make me feel like I need to murder someone.
          Gricerboy?
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I suspect, now, don't think me an expert here - that the site Google directed you to, was full of tulipe.

'I'm going to prescribe you an anti depressant, it should work wonders on your mood - there are some known side effects;headaches, a bit of nausea, murdering sprees, you know the type. Good luck!"
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Some other side effects of Anti drepressants are depression.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I once worked with a project manager who was on medication and had regular therapy sessions. You could tell when he’d taken his pills or had a weekend of therapy as he was reasonably calm for a few days. However, once the effect wore off he was a raging nutcase who couldn't go 5 minutes without shouting at someone.

It's not uncommon among senior managers.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

patients tend to commit murder of someone who they think is bothering them or commit suicide.
                  Either way, from his perspective, problem solved. The drugs do work!
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                    I suspect, now, don't think me an expert here - that the site Google directed you to, was full of tulipe.

'I'm going to prescribe you an anti depressant, it should work wonders on your mood - there are some known side effects;headaches, a bit of nausea, murdering sprees, you know the type. Good luck!"
                    Actually one of the side effects of SSRIs (the class of antidepressants that includes prozac) is that they can make people suicidal and increase aggressiveness.

One of my exes was on the stuff, during which time she complained of feeling suicidal and on one occasion attacked me with a breadknife. I'd like to think it wasn't just because I was a ****
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X