• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Book recommendations : Negotiation skills etc

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Book recommendations : Negotiation skills etc

I'm looking to build up on Negotiation skills/knowledge and have just finished reading "Getting to Yes". It's a reasonably good book but one of those that isn't easy to read, i.e. not the most interesting or naturally flowing.

Can you recommend any other Negotiation books?

(I've put this in General so that we can all enjoy the customary humourous responses in addition to the serious ones...)

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    Can you recommend any other Negotiation books?
    Sure, but WIIFM?
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

"Spod's Guide to Getting What You Want(or Take It, It's Yours)" - Spod

Comment

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

This is good:
          Amazon.com: Guerrilla Negotiating: Unconventional Weapons and Tactics to Get What You Want (Guerrilla Marketing Series) (9780471330219): Conrad Levinson, Mark S. A. Smith, Orvel Ray Wilson: Books

Comment

But this one's better.

Amazon.com: Bargaining for Advantage: Negotiation Strategies for Reasonable People 2nd Edition (9780143036975): G. Richard Shell: Books
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              whs

buy a punch bag.

Comment

Thanks, about to order now. Seems hard to find though, might have to settle for a 2nd hand copy from eBay.. though it's only £4

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                  might have to settle for a 2nd hand copy from eBay.. though it's only £4
                  See if they'll take £2.50

Comment

"How to win friends and influence people"
                    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                    X