• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

****ing Stew-dents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

****ing Stew-dents

Living accommodation?

No wonder they're all coming out of University unable to cope. What was wrong with cold, damp, dangerous, overcrowded accommodation and unscrupulous landlords?

Don't know they're born.......<mutter, mutter>
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    Living accommodation?

No wonder they're all coming out of University unable to cope. What was wrong with cold, damp, dangerous, overcrowded accommodation and unscrupulous landlords?

Having just dropped off sprog at uni and forked out for similar accomodation - I can confirm they have never had it so good.

What really peeved me off was the rip off broadband piped to their rooms

£2 for the cable
    £160 @year for 4mb
    £480 @year for 50 Mb (i think)
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Breathtaking views of one of Europe's most vibrant cities. Flat-screen TV, internet access in a flash and a room key that doubles as a cash card.
      Isn't it normally the other way around?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Students, bain of my life.

Once had a call from a BTL from an irate student. The TV doesnt work! The aerial obviously doesn't work!!
        "No it's fine' said I
        "Im telling you, it doesn't work!! It needs fixing"
        "No it's fine'
        "I'm telling you as landlord you need to sort it!!!"
        "No it's fine'
        "Right. I'm going to report you to the university for not fixing the aerial!!"
        "Ok" said I, "You do that. But! The aerial is fine. You're on Cable and they phoned me earlier to tell me that you haven't paid the bill, so they've cut you off!"
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Frack. All we need is even more students round here.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
            Living accommodation?

Let 'em enjoy it. Lets face it they'll be paying back the costs for the next twenty years of their lives.

Comment

Working...
            X