• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Romanian Gypsies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Romanian Gypsies

I'm fast coming to the conclusion that the French have the right approach! Unusual for me to agree with them.

French repatriate gypsies

Dumping rubbish, furniture, old windows, other crap in the streets, squatting in other peoples property.

Entering people's gardens to take what they fancy, my f'ing front garden.

When we had our bathroom refitted, a few months back, we had a bidet, which the plumber inadvertantly put in the front garden, that we wanted to keep, taken within 20 mins of it being put there.

Send them home, they are not contributing favourably to our society.
    Last edited by Scrag Meister; 22 September 2010, 09:28.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

I assume you charged the plumber for it?
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

I found a bunch of them in a neighbour's skip.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
        I assume you charged the plumber for it?
        No, its theft and not his fault, naive on his part maybe.

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        I found a bunch of them in a neighbour's skip.
        Gypsies or bidets?
        Last edited by Scrag Meister; 22 September 2010, 09:33.
        Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
          When we had our bathroom refitted, a few months back, we had a bidet, which the plumber inadvertantly put in the front garden
          That must have been embarassing. I mean, you wanted to clean your nether regions and you have to go out into the front garden to drop your kacks?

Comment

Tony BLiar said that they would need work permits to come here and only if they had skills required in the UK.

From my experience, they are thieves. Glasgow is full of Romanians selling the big issue ! Surely 'work permit tests' would have revealed that the UK already has plenty of people with the required experience for this role ??

Send them all back. In fact, send everyone and everything back.
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

If they're sent to Romania how many will just leave again and come back?
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Unless there's more to it than they are telling us I agree. The French are perfectly entitled to remove those without visible means of support. Beggars and petty thefts and illegal camps, without sanitation presumably, must wreck the lives and business of those who live there.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I'm with the French on this one too -

Oh and if I'm going to buy the Big Issue, I'll buy it off an English homeless person, thank you very much. Except that knob outside Boots on Cross St in Manchester who tries to make me feel guilty
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                    I'm with the French on this one too -

Oh and if I'm going to buy the Big Issue, I'll buy it off an English homeless person, thank you very much. Except that knob outside Boots on Cross St in Manchester who tries to make me feel guilty

Is he like the homeless bloke who had a go at me for not giving him enough money?
                    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                    X