• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

eBay

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eBay

I don't get it.

I've just sold a boxset of Mad Men (series 1 & 2) which cost me £18 for £22.50.
    (I picked my re-sale price based on previous completed listings and not to make a profit so I should recover what I paid after costs have been deducted).

I quick look on Amazon and the buyer could have bought it for £17.

There are some seriously daft people about!

Plan B: Teach people how to search the internet?

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    I don't get it.

I've just sold a boxset of Mad Men (series 1 & 2) which cost me £18 for £22.50.
    (I picked my re-sale price based on previous completed listings and not to make a profit so I should recover what I paid after costs have been deducted).

I quick look on Amazon and the buyer could have bought it for £17.

There are some seriously daft people about!

Plan B: fleece people who can't be arsed to search the internet?
    ftfy.

Comment

I've just sold something for £50 which cost me £40 from Ikea. Even said Ikea on the advert with a link to the image on their website!!!
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        I've just sold something for £50 which I stole from Ikea. Even said Ikea on the advert with a link to the image on their website!!!

Comment

Sold a shag pile rug for 55 quid, which I had bought for a tenner from B&Q and used for a year. There was a bid war and the winner told me she was looking for such a rug for a year because it matched her living room wall.
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Sold many things for £1 buyer must collect and saved lots of trips to the dump. eBay and what people will buy never ceases to amaze me.

Comment

Sold a set of 6 Maccy D's coke glasses for £30 +p&p. They were free with a meal - or 99p if you wanted to buy one without food. Crazy!

Comment

I've just sold something for £50 which cost me £40 from Ikea. Even said Ikea on the advert with a link to the image on their website!!!
                That just means somebody paid £10 to avoid having to go round Ikea themselves. Bargain.

Comment

Got some music software for sale at half the usual price, shrinkwrapped with a download option as well.
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

You never learn, do you?
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points
                    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...
                    X