• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Open letter to AtW

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open letter to AtW

You have an Internet business that could operate from almost any country in the world.

You could be based somewhere warm and exotic, or somewhere where you don't have to pay huge amounts of tax, or somewhere where you can buy a large house overlooking the ocean for a reasonable sum of money. Or somewhere with beautiful and friendly women.

Instead however, you base yourself in Birmingham, in a country on the verge of bankruptcy, with anti-business stance and punitive taxation.

FFS, have some imagination and give yourself a chance.

What he said (imagine an arrow pointing upwards)

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      You have an Internet business that could operate from almost any country in the world.

You could be based somewhere warm and exotic, or somewhere where you don't have to pay huge amounts of tax, or somewhere where you can buy a large house overlooking the ocean for a reasonable sum of money. Or somewhere with beautiful and friendly women.

Instead however, you base yourself in Birmingham, in a country on the verge of bankruptcy, with anti-business stance and punitive taxation.

How would he still claim benefits if he moved abroad? Think about it.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

and if you don't like the heat, being from Russia, the same thing applies - You could set up shop in Iceland and have a nice house overlooking the North Atlantic?

Just think, this could be like your patio.

Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          I take all the chances I need regardless of prevailing conditions

We've got pretty large team (not far of 10) based around Birmingham, so moving isn't an option really - plus being successful in a bankrupt country means I can buy those Swindon mansions on the cheap, hope they sell cheap Honda Civics at the back of the factory there as well

Don't like recent CGT changes though - thanks Vince Cable

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            I take all the chances I need regardless of prevailing conditions

We've got pretty large team (not far of 10) based around Birmingham, so moving isn't an option really - plus being successful in a bankrupt country means I can buy those Swindon mansions on the cheap, hope they sell cheap Honda Civics at the back of the factory there as well

Don't like recent CGT changes though - thanks Vince Cable
            Joking aside. Palo Alto is where you want to be young man.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              We've got pretty large team (not far of 10) based around Birmingham, so moving isn't an option really
              But you only got the team recently. Why did you not go somewhere more friendly to business?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                and if you don't like the heat, being from Russia, the same thing applies - You could set up shop in Iceland and have a nice house overlooking the North Atlantic?

Just think, this could be like your patio.

Seriously, that would be awesome.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  But you only got the team recently. Why did you not go somewhere more friendly to business?
                  WHS.

I would say you could have done the same thing cheaper and had a much better lifestyle in the USA, NZ, AUS, most of Europe plus a whole host of other much more interesting places.

Birmingham FFS!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Joking aside. Palo Alto is where you want to be young man.
                    Palo Alto isn't what it used to be - it's golden age is all gone really, I doubt people who get into IT even know that name.

Part of our family (cousins) emigrated to USA in 80s (Los Angeles, so Silicon Valley more or less) and our side of family nearly moved as well, had it been done by our family then I would not be talking to you losers on here being too busy running MacroGogles Corp ...

On the other hand I'd probably miss not talking to you losers.

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    I like being at home, since the business is global it does not matter where we are and I've run once again so now I am standing my ground.

I live in a nice part of Birmingham anyway, about to move house next month - still renting ffs!

Comment

Working...
                    X