• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rusty Flying "B"s on one's Bentley.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rusty Flying "B"s on one's Bentley.

BBC News - Bentley issues US recall over 'Flying B' badge fault

Goodness me, whatever next.

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    And quite right too. THEY ARE A DANGER TO PUBLIC SAFETY. If pop up headlights were banned from some brands of sports cars for the same reason then I see no reason why any such kind of angular protrusion shouldnt be banned. It seems to be one law for the man in the street, another for the fat cat. PLEASE LET'S HAVE SOME CONSISTENCY!

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
      And quite right too. THEY ARE A DANGER TO PUBLIC SAFETY. If pop up headlights were banned from some brands of sports cars for the same reason then I see no reason why any such kind of angular protrusion shouldnt be banned. It seems to be one law for the man in the street, another for the fat cat. PLEASE LET'S HAVE SOME CONSISTENCY!
      They're only a danger to people who don't look before crossing the road.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        They're only a danger to people who don't look before crossing the road.
        They are a danger to any member of the public in the act of perambulation as well as velocipedists SUCH AS MYSELF, recumbent or otherwise.

Comment

They are a danger to any member of the public in the act of perambulation as well as velocipedists SUCH AS MYSELF, recumbent or otherwise.
          So are walls, rivers, bollards and level crossings if you're not looking where you're going.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

These used to be made of stainless steel. I guess the new ones (as a £2000 optional extra) are not built to the same standard.

Comment

Get a car then ya freak!

Comment

Or "cyclists" as we say in England.

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
                  Or "cyclists" as we say in England.

Bit rich coming from an Australian

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
                    Or "bumper fodder" as we say in England.

FTFY

Comment

Working...
                    X