• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The great green revolution

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The great green revolution

....stutters
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...evolution.html
    Britain has only just started, look forward to your electricity bills going up ten fold if Chris Huhne gets his way.
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 23 September 2010, 09:24.
    I'm alright Jack

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Britain has only just started
    According to the EBC news this morning, we have more offshore wind turbines than anywhere else in the world so I would postulate that your suggestion that Britain has only just started is a bit wide of the mark.

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
      According to the EBC news this morning, we have more offshore wind turbines than anywhere else in the world so I would postulate that your suggestion that Britain has only just started is a bit wide of the mark.
      However, Germany already has a total of 21,315 wind turbines installed compared to little over 3,000 in the UK.
      British firms miss out as world's biggest windfarm opens off UK coast | Environment | guardian.co.uk
      And hardly any of ours invested in the UK. Our wind turbine manufactures are closing down, if there are any left.

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
        The operative word here might be "offshore". Germany and other countries might well have more wind turbines, but most likely not the offshore variety.

Sorry to be picky.

Comment

I hope that supporters of windmills will be just as embarrassed as those that admitted they voted liebour in 1997.
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
          X