• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sucking up to India

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sucking up to India

A helping hand from a friend

Delhi police rescinded the Commonwealth Games accreditation of a photographer who had taken pictures of children working furiously trying to clear the rubble at Games sites.

However, the journalist - Jessica Halloran from the Sydney Sunday Telegraph - who was wandering around the muddy exterior of the village after simply walking through a checkpoint, was detained, not by Games security, but by a Team England official.

Ms Halloran told The Daily Telegraph she felt "really uncomfortable" being manhandled by the Team England official, whom she claimed was cold and rude and made a point of "trying to get me in trouble".
    Nice to see Team England upholding our standards. Silencing the Press, manhandling awkward nosy-parkers, etc.
    Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Why DO we suck up to India? All that aid and the business concessions... and they are fierce competitors.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
      A helping hand from a friend

Delhi police rescinded the Commonwealth Games accreditation of a photographer who had taken pictures of children working furiously trying to clear the rubble at Games sites.

However, the journalist - Jessica Halloran from the Sydney Sunday Telegraph - who was wandering around the muddy exterior of the village after simply walking through a checkpoint, was detained, not by Games security, but by a Team England official.

Ms Halloran told The Daily Telegraph she felt "really uncomfortable" being manhandled by the Team England official, whom she claimed was cold and rude and made a point of "trying to get me in trouble".
      Nice to see Team England upholding our standards. Silencing the Press, manhandling awkward nosy-parkers, etc.
      A bit off topic, but does the panel think she is wearing knickers ?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        A bit off topic, but does the panel think she is wearing knickers ?

A bit?
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Maybe Uriah Heap would have made a great politician if he wasn't fictional but at least we have Vince Cable.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

It's because in 2 years time everyone'll be saying the same about Stratford

Comment

Originally posted by oversteer View Post
              And don't forget that in 4 years time the Scots are hosts.

Comment

Originally posted by oversteer View Post
                It's going to be hard to blame British workmen for than one.
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                  And don't forget that in 4 years time the Scots are hosts.
                  Are they? Not Edinburgh again, surely - it must be Newcastle's turn.

Comment

Working...
                  X