• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Direct Line Car Insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Direct Line Car Insurance

Last week some doddery miserable half blind old tw@t drove into the back of my car whilst I was waiting to turn left at a busy junction.

Anyway, one call to Direct Line (UK call centre) and then next day a garage collected my car. No forms to fill out whatsoever.

A week later the garage drops it off, all repaired and fully valeted.

Next time you are choosing your car insurance give Direct Line a call. The service was excellent.

Last edited by DimPrawn; 23 September 2010, 14:03.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Next time you are choosing your car insurance give Direct Line a call. The service was excellent.

Just added 2nd son onto a direct line policy
    extra £600 @ year
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Where's the doom

I'm with Direct Line too. They were miles cheaper than my previous insurer. Hopefully they will be next renewal too

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        Where's the doom

I'm with Direct Line too. They were miles cheaper than my previous insurer. Hopefully they will be next renewal too
        I expected massive doom and hassle and some Indian call centre that never answered.

Instead a nice Scottish lady sorted everything out.

So surprised I'd thought I'd share my experience here incase anyone was looking at car quotes.

Comment

Oi Admin, someones hacked DP's account again!

Comment

At least tell us you had to call a premium rate telephone number.

Comment

Last week some doddery miserable half blind old tw@t drove into the back of my car whilst I was waiting to turn left at a busy junction.

Anyway, one call to Direct Line (UK call centre) and then next day a garage collected my car. No forms to fill out whatsoever.

They don't take driver like me ...

Comment

I won't use them again

I had some scrote break into my car and pinch the contents of my boot - a couple of laptops and various other things. They knackered the locks in the process. I got a hire car as part of the policy which was useful given I was working near Uxbridge at the time and the garage they took the car to was based down that way.

By the end of week 1 I started to chase them regarding my car. At first they coudln't track down what garage they had sent it to. Then they couldn't give me an estimate as to when I could get the car back - the hire car was only for 2 weeks. Eventually I was given the details of the garage and they seemed to be putting all the insurance work on the back burner as it was garunteed work. After putting pressure on DL and the garage I eventually got the car back just as the hire car ran out - if I hadn't been a pest I don't think this would have been the case.

Then when my renewal came through my 10 + years of no claims was now only 3. I'd had a small prang a few months before, but nothing at all in the 12 years that I'd insured cars with them . Apparnatly their no claims protection only fully protects against the first claim. Arrarantly I should have been told this prior to going through with the claim. Especially annoying as the repair itself was only a few hundred pounds. Then to top things off, I called them earlier this year to ask about the date of the first bump, only to be told that their system shows that nothing was paid out on this claim and that I didn't have to declare it all along.
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                  At least tell us you had to call a premium rate telephone number.
                  Well he didn't actually have to, but as his insurance service was so good he had a few minutes spare for a pot-noodle!
                  Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
                  Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

been with them for years claimed once and when i had to claim a second time a couple of years later was advised it would be cheaper to pay for it myself.
                    they've always been a pleasure to deal with especially when picking up a new car once on a saturday and they got the insurance certificate ready for me that day, i just had to pop along to their manchester office to pick it up.
                    i've got 2 cars, home and business and even the cat insured through them.
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                    X