• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The 2010 CUK Entrepreneur of the Year Awards

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 2010 CUK Entrepreneur of the Year Awards

The 2010 CUK Entrepreneur of the Year Awards are almost upon us, and voting for this hotly anticipated title will be tough.

This year we have

Dodgy Agent for Dodgy Recruiting
    N5Gooner for Nudge Nudge Wink Wink Film Studios
    Marillionfan for Tat Shop 3
    Cliphead for The Scots Muse
    Admin for ContractorUK
    AtW for Majestic 12 and
    AndyW for Andy's Mums Hairsalon.
    Admin
    8.82%
    AndyW
    14.71%
    AtW
    29.41%
    Cliphead
    0.00%
    Dodgy Agent
    8.82%
    N5Gooner
    35.29%
    Marillionfan
    2.94%
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Cross me out if those who get short-listed have to pay £900+VAT for a table to attend the ceremony

At least local chamber of commerce had decency to call us AFTER shortlisting to say we did not make it and asked whether we still want to book the table

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Cross me out if those who get short-listed have to pay £900+VAT for a table to attend the ceremony

At least local chamber of commerce had decency to call us AFTER shortlisting to say we did not make it and asked whether we still want to book the table
      Actually! Thats why we came runner up. We were told afterwards that we'd won but because I refused to pay for a table which was about £400 they swapped the positions around.

It's just a bloody scam.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Actually! Thats why we came runner up. We were told afterwards that we'd won but because I refused to pay for a table which was about £400 they swapped the positions around.

It's just a bloody scam.
        Why would anyone think otherwise? An ex-client of mine ran an annual media award ceremony. Unless you are REALLY famous and might give them a kickback you wouldn't stand a chance of winning unless you had paid for a large group to attend.

The "award" was a paperweight glued to a cardboard stand but they did get to put "Winners of the {wanky media co} award" on their ads. I still have a couple of spare "awards" in the loft.

Comment

I'll vote for Dodgy if he's still actually alive somewhere. There's been little sign of him since the Tories got in. Is he avoiding us for the next 4 years?
          Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

Can we have a 'Best Actress in a Supporting Role' category please?
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
              What kind of movie are we talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                Are you practising your speech? Don't forget to thank the little people.
                Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
                Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

I worked for a co that won a Product Innovation award. Oh how we laughed in the product development team!
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points
                  Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                  As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

More voting required here. Neck and neck!

Comment

Working...
                    X