• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Worst thing you've ever done to dump a partner?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worst thing you've ever done to dump a partner?

In keeping with the dating/gf themes?

Once went out with a girl I'd met abroad who started to get quite clingy. Had gone over for the week to visit her and she started getting a bit heavy. The penny dropped. Must finish with girlfriend, but realised I was still going to be stuck here for a week. We were in a local market doing some shopping and I bottled it and said, hang on just going to pop back to the stall on the other floor.

At which point, I carried on walking, got a taxi to the hotel, got my stuff, got a taxi back to the airport, got a flight, flew home and changed my sim card

Never heard from her again.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

shagged her mum
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      shagged her mum
      did she not have a sister as well?
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        Oh, yeah forgot I once did that.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          Yeah, but she was fat.

actually I'm talking bollocks; I didn't do it to dump the girl, just did it because her mum was a bit pissed and started getting all horny

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Once went out with a girl I'd met abroad who started to get quite clingy.
            I had one of those. A german girl from Essen. Met up with her in Dusseldorf whilst I was drinking with a few mates, and asked her if she could bring along a few of her mates too. She turned up alone saying it was short notice.
            I never contacted her for a few weeks then felt a bit guilty, so I wrote her a letter saying that the reason had been I had got drunk and fallen off a tram and broken my collarbone. That was why I had not written, and why the letter was quite short. She replied saying it was all quite understandable.
            Left it a few more months and got another pang of guilt, so wrote again saying I had been "away guarding a secret Nuclear Weapons Base", and was not allowed to contact anyone during that time. She replied saying "That all sounds very interesting". Just let it go after that. Shame really, she was a lovely girl was Sabine. Oh well........c'est La Vie!!
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Once went out with a girl I'd met abroad who started to get quite clingy. Had gone over for the week to visit her and she started getting a bit heavy. The penny dropped. Must finish with girlfriend, but realised I was still going to be stuck here for a week. We were in a local market doing some shopping and I bottled it and said, hang on just going to pop back to the stall on the other floor.

At which point, I carried on walking, got a taxi to the hotel, got my stuff, got a taxi back to the airport, got a flight, flew home and changed my sim card

Never heard from her again.
              .....and to this very day she is convinced you have been taken hostage by bandits, and that you are being tortured and starved to death.

Search parties deployed, police investigations and newspaper adverts placed all in an attempt to locate poor MF.

Feeling guilty yet?

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                .....and to this very day she is convinced you have been taken hostage by bandits, and that you are being tortured and starved to death.
                If someone's deluded and happy, leave them be.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post

Search parties deployed, police investigations and newspaper adverts placed all in an attempt to locate poor MF.

Feeling guilty yet?
                  thinks ugh what a can't believe I wasted my time on that one.
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                    thinks ugh what a can't believe I wasted my time on that one.
                    and you've always dumped a fella easily then have you???

Comment

Working...
                    X