• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When is Gary McKinnon going to get his sorry a... thrown in jail?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When is Gary McKinnon going to get his sorry a... thrown in jail?

Still he's pulling off the 'im just a handicapped kid' act pretty well.

I wouldn't wish jail on anyone who didn't actually deserve it! You meet some right nasty bastards.

Best keep your stupid opinions to yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by MayContainNuts View Post
      I wouldn't wish jail on anyone who didn't actually deserve it! You meet some right nasty bastards.

Best keep your stupid opinions to yourself!
      Just wondering why you think he didn't deserve it.

Hacking into computers, particular those involving military ones and deleting files was illegal last time I looked.

I shan't even mention his leaving of messages that included rants about Iraq and how stupid Americans are (yet apparently he was just some misguided soul looking for UFO's )

Comment

Originally posted by ItsQuickerAntiClockwise View Post
        Just wondering why you think he didn't deserve it.

Hacking into computers, particular those involving military ones and deleting files was illegal last time I looked.

I shan't even mention his leaving of messages that included rants about Iraq and how stupid Americans are (yet apparently he was just some misguided soul looking for UFO's )
        Are you still smarting because your great great grandfather got deported for shagging that sheep aren't you? Yes, it's still illegal here now as well!
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Wouldn't get my vote to have his chucked in jail. He's immature and stupid, but those aren't good qualities to bang someone in the slammer. In my view.

Comment

Originally posted by Saddo View Post
            Wouldn't get my vote to have his chucked in jail. He's immature and stupid, but those aren't good qualities to bang someone in the slammer. In my view.
            So you would let off every burglar, car thief and scroat under 18 then? Being immature and stupid are not qualities to keep you out of jail. He wasn't stupid enough to know enough about computers to carry out a sophisticated hack, he wasn't stupid enough to wonder WHY he had to carry out a sophisticated hack. This shows enough intelligence to know what he was doing wrong. He might have his syndrome but he knows what is wrong and what is right.

He done the crime, so he does the time. I am also sick of the publicity this has gotten, how much it is costing the tax payer and want an end to it, preferable one where the criminal pays for what he did.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              So you would let off every burglar, car thief and scroat under 18 then? Being immature and stupid are not qualities to keep you out of jail
              That wasn't what I intended to imply, so sorry if my comment suggested that.

The problem for McKinnon is that he was niaive enough to break into a US military system. Instead of prosecuting him they should be giving him a medal - if the US military systems can be broken into by Joe Public - no matter HOW intelligent they might be - then it reveals a very real potential for threat against the western world. Banging McKinnon up satisfies some American hurt pride - it doesn't solve the problem which he has highlighted. And if someone should be serving time for what he managed to do then it should be the sysop of that system that he found his way into. Security on that system sucks. It seems I have better security on my USB key.

But of course, this is an American system and Americans can't ever do anything wrong. It's always the nasty people from other countries that are the wrongdoers.

Comment

Originally posted by Saddo View Post
                That wasn't what I intended to imply, so sorry if my comment suggested that.

The problem for McKinnon is that he was niaive enough to break into a US military system. Instead of prosecuting him they should be giving him a medal - if the US military systems can be broken into by Joe Public - no matter HOW intelligent they might be - then it reveals a very real potential for threat against the western world. Banging McKinnon up satisfies some American hurt pride - it doesn't solve the problem which he has highlighted. And if someone should be serving time for what he managed to do then it should be the sysop of that system that he found his way into. Security on that system sucks. It seems I have better security on my USB key.

But of course, this is an American system and Americans can't ever do anything wrong. It's always the nasty people from other countries that are the wrongdoers.

I don't agree with this either.

Imagine if someone had every key to every house door in Britain so they tried every key they had until your door opened, then they went inside, stole some stuff and trashed the place. Would you think that was OK? Would you give them a medal for being clever enough to be able to break into your house?

Gary McKinnon just used scripts and brute force techniques to get in. He was hardly a genius, but at the same time, he shouldnt be let off either because the bottom line is he delibrately made attempts to get into military sites, wiped files off their system and left threatening messages. None of these are the actions of someone who is mentally incompetent.

I dont even think the media understand what 'Aspergers' is. I mean Einstein had it, yet we didnt see him kept locked away from society in a funny farm cause he didn't understand right from wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsQuickerAntiClockwise View Post
                  Still he's pulling off the 'im just a handicapped kid' act pretty well.
                  Gentlemen (and ladies), please don't feed the troll.

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
                    Gentlemen (and ladies), please don't feed the troll.

Where does this myth that Im a troll come from.

Seems to me someone owes me an apology.

Comment

Working...
                    X