• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buying a Launderette

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying a Launderette

Hiya,

Well gooner enterprises is looking to buy one or two Launderette, has anyone any experience or advice....good or bad....
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Comment

I've got something on this somewhere. I'll have a look.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner View Post
        Hiya,

Well gooner enterprises is looking to buy one or two Launderette, has anyone any experience or advice....good or bad....
        They no longer make a profit unless you sell additional services such as food and coffee.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I personally know the owners of three, and they all turn a profit, without selling additional services, except for service washes.

I think there is still profit to be made, but its all about due diligence...
          SA says;
          Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

(whatever these are)

Comment

Buy the shop next door, rent it out to barbers...no idea if that would make enough money for you, but it solves a problem
            Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

I personally know the owners of three, and they all turn a profit, without selling additional services, except for service washes.

I think there is still profit to be made, but its all about due diligence...
              It very much depends on the cost of the property you're buying. Can't seem to find it. I had a business model for one somewhere (for some unknown reason!)

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                It very much depends on the cost of the property you're buying. Can't seem to find it. I had a business model for one somewhere (for some unknown reason!)
                doesn't surprise me (the business model part...)
                SA says;

(whatever these are)

Comment

Fine if you use it as a front for more lucrative:
                  • Money laundering (sic)
                  • Ladies of the night
                  • Illegal substance dealing

type operations

HTH
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

doesn't surprise me (the business model part...)
                    Just given me a good idea!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X