• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It should be forbidden that...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It should be forbidden that...

Women who leave work to have babies are allowed to bring those babies back into the office to "visit".

This really riles me and I think it should be outlawed. Is anyone really interested in these mewing sprogs whilst trying to do a days work?

It all seems a bit tragic, and what it says to me is that far from being the miraculous and wonderful experience that the mother thought it would be, is that mothers life is actually a tedious and boring slog - so tedious in fact, that the only thing she can think of doing is to try to make herself feel better by going to see ex-colleagues who probabaly only feigned any modicum of interest in the first place.

I have no real point to make, other than that this has just happened in my office and it annoys me.
    Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

(Sits on sofa, opens a can of lager, reaches for the popcorn...)
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      (Sits on sofa, opens a can of lager, reaches for the popcorn...)
      Shuffle up and pass us a lager!
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I think the physchology you are dealing with here isn't present in us underling males. I know when ours were very young I was always asked "were you at the birth?", to which I replied "no, I was at the conception and that was bad enough".

Comment

Comment

Look, we all chipped in to the maternity collection and I for one would like to see where my fiver went.

miserable sods
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
              Look, we all chipped in to the maternity collection and I for one would like to see where my fiver went.

miserable sods
              On Jobs a Goodun running at 4.30 at Aintree.

Comment

Awwwwwwwwwww. Nothing cuter than an itsy-bitsy little pink nippleslurper. Besides, it is always a good excuse for a break, and on top of that it gets all the single totty all broody and horny. Carpe Diem I say!!
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Why has this irked you so much?

Are you a jaffa?
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Svalbaard View Post
                    Women who leave work to have babies are allowed to bring those babies back into the office to "visit".

This really riles me and I think it should be outlawed. Is anyone really interested in these mewing sprogs whilst trying to do a days work?

It all seems a bit tragic, and what it says to me is that far from being the miraculous and wonderful experience that the mother thought it would be, is that mothers life is actually a tedious and boring slog - so tedious in fact, that the only thing she can think of doing is to try to make herself feel better by going to see ex-colleagues who probabaly only feigned any modicum of interest in the first place.

I have no real point to make, other than that this has just happened in my office and it annoys me.
                    WHS!
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X