• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Sun affects the climate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Sun affects the climate

Well who'd of thought that, weren't all these extreme weather events caused by SUV's and Ryan Air flights?

It seems changes in solar activity can have consequences ranging from higher rainfall in the tropics to extreme weather events in the north
    New Scientist permits the sun to join the climate club « The k2p blog
    I'm alright Jack

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Well who'd of thought that, weren't all these extreme weather events caused by SUV's and Ryan Air flights?

New Scientist permits the sun to join the climate club « The k2p blog
    In that case, I for one would like to see a tax levied everytime we have a sunny day! Should soon sort that problem out!

PS. To all the CO2 cretins.

Comment

I love how people are determined to cling onto their right to pollute the atmosphere no matter what .....

Comment

Originally posted by ItsQuickerAntiClockwise View Post
        I love how people are determined to cling onto their right to pollute the atmosphere no matter what .....
        If you consider tiny PPM of CO2 pollution that is.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          If you consider tiny PPM of CO2 pollution that is.

Try standing in the middle of London on a still hot summers day and convince me that the pollution we produce is negligible.

If global climate fears eat into Ryanair's profit margins then boo-hoo for them. I for one shan't be crying into my Coco-Pops Chocko Rocks (or whatever they are calling it these days)

Comment

Try standing in the middle of London on a still hot summers day and convince me that the pollution we produce is negligible.

If global climate fears eat into Ryanair's profit margins then boo-hoo for them. I for one shan't be crying into my Coco-Pops Chocko Rocks (or whatever they are calling it these days)
            You need to stay at home, go to bed at sunset, switch the heating off, eat salads, and do your bit for the climate
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

If you want to worry about something, worry about a more pressing problem - the world's population explosion.

That uses up ALL resources at an increasing rate - food, energy, living space, minerals, rain-forest.

If you still insist on worrying about a few PPM of CO2, the population explosion is also the major reason for ongoing CO2 increase:

More people = higher energy requirement

You will never stop CO2 increasing even if every person cuts their emissions by 50%, because each of those people will be replaced by two more.

Comment

How about worrying about real threats to the planet (apart from population growth and economic collapse) such as being hit by a jump of merde from space?

And then there is the continuous threat of invasion by the or

With a bit of luck Jesus will return for xmas 2012 or whatever it is.

What we need is King Arthur to return as he promised.
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post

What we need is King Arthur to return as he promised.
                  When Albion is in danger? He was Welsh you know
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points
                  Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                  As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                    When Albion is in danger? He was Welsh you know
                    Coming to gloat then?
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                    X