• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How did you meet your partner?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did you meet your partner?

Inspired by MP's sanitary encounter, and as an antidote to all the dumping threads, how / where did you meet your other half?

Met mine when I was 17 - working for the MOD. Took us a year to get it together (he had a gf - I made sure I was a sympathetic ear when she dumped him). We used to make sure we were on the security rota together (staying after everyone left to check the cupboards were locked) and snog behind the cabinets.

Married a few years later, and just done 20 years (I would say 'celebrated', but as he forgot, we didn't...)

How did you land yours?

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    Inspired by MP's sanitary encounter, and as an antidote to all the dumping threads, how / where did you meet your other half?

Met mine when I was 17 - working for the MOD. Took us a year to get it together (he had a gf - I made sure I was a sympathetic ear when she dumped him). We used to make sure we were on the security rota together (staying after everyone left to check the cupboards were locked) and snog behind the cabinets.

Married a few years later, and just done 20 years (I would say 'celebrated', but as he forgot, we didn't...)

How did you land yours?
    Mine was catalogue number #4439 in Russian and Belarusian brides Monthly (Feb 2004 edition)

Comment

Ran her over on a pelican crossing. Went to visit her in hospital and it just blossomed from there.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by ItsQuickerAntiClockwise View Post
        Mine was catalogue number #4439 in Russian and Belarusian brides Monthly (Feb 2004 edition)
        See? I KNEW you were really sasguru!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Adjacent Unix workstations.
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            Ran her over on a pelican crossing. Went to visit her in hospital and it just blossomed from there.

Is that true?

Comment

I put an advert on the internet.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                Is that true?
                Course not!!

Comment

Originally posted by ItsQuickerAntiClockwise View Post
                  You should have spent a bit more and not gone for the discounted 'nearly new' one. They're generally the high mileage ones that get used by all the sales reps.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    Course not!!

Comment

Working...
                    X