• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Probably the stupidest accident I've seen

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably the stupidest accident I've seen

As I cycled down the main road into town, I see a woman reverse full on into a car. Into the side of a car. She had parked at right angles to the kerb, as that road legitimately allows, and someone had parked up behind her in that street, probably to pop into a shop. The street is just about wide enough to accommodate all this, though it is a touch inconsiderate and potentially dangerous. I feel a little vulnerable on my bike as I see this, as if I need further proof, for if a woman can't see a whole car, what chance has a cyclist? But seconds later I begin to wonder. Was this an accident? Is it possible to reverse into a car? Was the woman peeved off at being blocked in? Is it worth the aggro of insurance to vent frustration in that way? Maybe it was an accident. Eek.

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    As I cycled down the main road into town, I see a woman reverse full on into a car. Into the side of a car. She had parked at right angles to the kerb, as that road legitimately allows, and someone had parked up behind her in that street, probably to pop into a shop. The street is just about wide enough to accommodate all this, though it is a touch inconsiderate and potentially dangerous. I feel a little vulnerable on my bike as I see this, as if I need further proof, for if a woman can't see a whole car, what chance has a cyclist? But seconds later I begin to wonder. Was this an accident? Is it possible to reverse into a car? Was the woman peeved off at being blocked in? Is it worth the aggro of insurance to vent frustration in that way? Maybe it was an accident. Eek.
    Twas a woman with a car. Anything is possible.
    Was she doing her make-up at the time?
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      Twas a woman with a car. Anything is possible.
      Was she doing her make-up at the time?
      Pass. I don't see how anyone could reverse into a busy street without looking behind first. The car she hit was unoccupied, so it must have been there for at least a short period of time. The best result would be to ban both of them from driving. Or at least from parking.

Comment

I touched down at Stanstad airport and made my way to the car park where we had parked a few days earlier.

In a car, with steam coming up from the bonnet was an old fella in a car. He had somehow managed to take out 7 (SEVEN) cars on three sides of the road. To this day, it doesnt seem possible
        The road was configured as below, and he had managed to hit all of the xxx cars!! No-one had a camera but the damage was unbelievable

We can only assume he lost control on the way up, this the first two on the left and then skidded into the right, shunting the first car into the other two, he then must have panicked and reversed and hit the other two. We must only have arrived a minute later because he was in his car on the phone shaking his head!!!
        ! !
        ! !
        ! !
        ! !
        ! ! xxx
        ! ----------------------------
        x ! Car
        x ! ----------------------------
        ! ! xx
        ! !
        ! !
        ! !
        ! !
        ! !
        ! !
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
        X