• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hello - ET Calling.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello - ET Calling.....

The UN are about to appoint an ambassador in case ET phones:

Take me to your UN leader - Yahoo! News UK

As if ET would come peacefully. As Hawking recently predicted we are in the soup if ET does decide to pay us a visit.

Yes, Carl Sagan's Pioneer plaque will have a lot to answer for.

"Consider again that dot. That's here, that's home, that's us. On it everyone you love, everyone... ooh no, it's gone now."
    Last edited by thunderlizard; 26 September 2010, 18:04. Reason: smaller plaque

Comment

As many have said in response to this one, there has been a lot of ET stories lately. Could this be conditioning for the big announcement?

Personally, I think that is a load of nonsense.

And ... KUATB I was a bit cryptic though.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
        As many have said in response to this one, there has been a lot of ET stories lately. Could this be conditioning for the big announcement?

Personally, I think that is a load of nonsense.

And ... KUATB I was a bit cryptic though.
        Nope - tomorrows the big day for an announcement apparently
        A group of retired U.S. Air Force officers are set to reveal how extraterrestrial visitors have tampered with American nuclear weapons.

The six former officers, and one other enlisted man, will break their decades-long silence on the matter at a press conference in Washington on Monday.

Read more: UFOs 'attacked U.S. nuclear missile sites': Retired Air Force Officers to break their silence | Mail Online
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Saddo View Post

As if ET would come peacefully. As Hawking recently predicted we are in the soup if ET does decide to pay us a visit.

You get rid of one quango!!!!
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Beware of the one called............................Ed!!

You heard it here first!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post

Nope - tomorrows the big day for an announcement apparently

Read more: UFOs 'attacked U.S. nuclear missile sites': Retired Air Force Officers to break their silence | Mail Online
              What absolute poppycock. If aliens were watching us, they wouldn't be scooting around in flying saucers crashing all over the place, and they certainly wouldn't tamper with anything, however destructive it might be (within reason). Their one aim would be to see without being seen, and let humanity learn from its mistakes.

And the idea that they would be humanoids with bulgey eyes, or any form of "wetware", is laughable. In fact they'd probably be invisible and undetectable, more like spirits than any kind of material entity we would recognise.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Saddo View Post

Labour has a tradition of sending leading ex-ministers onto the bigger stage - Kinnock, Robertson, Blair.

So, what would ET make of Prescott?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  So, what would ET make of Prescott?
                  If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                    Mmmmmmmmmmmm.

I want one.
                    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
                    X