• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Returning to contracting maybe - skillset strategy?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Returning to contracting maybe - skillset strategy?

I am looking for some sage advice (no - not the accountancy package) on skillset strategy more specifically .NET 'arena' (to coin a recrtuitment consltn phrase).
    I'm considering returning to contracting after a 4year hiatus in permiedom, (during which time my SC clearence has lapsed). Permiedom is a different mindset that's for sure.
    Though I have 4 years + solid .NET dev experience it's split over 2 years web & winforms and 2 years Biztalk integration with some web apps 'on the side'.
    And I cannot decide which would make the better choice for contracting.......
    I have a young family so the thought of staying in digs is baaaad, there seems to be more ASP.NET roles but the rates seem less...and this biztalk integration could be a good option to stick with, perhaps as a junior consultant if such a thing exists.
    Hell I don't know who to turn to for advice!

Working...
X