• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ryder Cup

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ryder Cup

I've got a pair of tickets for Sunday 3rd October but unfortunately have nobody to go with as all my friends have prior arrangements for that day.

This is what is on offer. I bought them off Ebay for £900 and I am prepared to accept cost price for the other ticket, i.e. £450.

I propose that we travel together and spend the day together as a pair as I will be requiring transportation between WSM and Celtic Manor.

I would like to be picked up at 6 am as I want to get to the course to see the practice rounds and I want to leave PROMPTLY after the day's play and have no intention lingering in any drinking establishments afterwards.

If this appeals and you would like the opportunity to attend the greatest show on earth then PM me and we'll take it from there.

Do you want them to hold your umbrella as well ?

Comment

You'll have to leave earlier than 6am Sunday to see the practice rounds. They are on Wednesday and Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        You'll have to leave earlier than 6am Sunday to see the practice rounds. They are on Wednesday and Thursday.
        I actually meant the driving practice. Normally it is possible to stand behind the players on the driving range and it is often the best opportunity you have of getting close.

Comment

Will you pay for the bridge?
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
            Will you pay for the bridge?
            I am prepared to pay my half and I am willing to make a contribution to any fuel costs that may be incurred.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              Ought you not to be using the trains?

They've built a whole new station at Newport just for that.
              I don't like going under the Servern Tunnel. When I was little, a train I was on stopped halfway through & you could hear the waves crashing up above.

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
                I don't like going under the Servern Tunnel. When I was little, a train I was on stopped halfway through & you could hear the waves crashing up above.
                I've never used that tunnel. Is it a glass one where you can see all the sharks and piranhas swimming fiercely around you? No wonder you were scared.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  I've never used that tunnel. Is it a glass one where you can see all the sharks and piranhas swimming fiercely around you? No wonder you were scared.
                  No but the incident to which I refer took place in the 1980s when rolling stock still had doors with windows that could be opened - hence the audibility of the waves up above.

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
                    No but the incident to which I refer took place in the 1980s when rolling stock still had doors with windows that could be opened - hence the audibility of the waves up above.
                    It can't be very deep then. I hope they've used stout wooden strutts to hold the roof up.

Oh, I'll have to pass on your kind offer.

Comment

Working...
                    X