• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pokistan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pokistan

I have an opportunity to go to karachi with a friend of mine who is conducting some business over there. He'll be tied up with work committments most of the time so I'll largely be wandering around on my own.

Just wondering if anyone could provide any pointers on things to see & do whilst I'm over there. Also what is the situation vis a vis hygiene and sanitation?

Comment

There is the Pakistan Air force Museum where
      visitors can see the captured aircraft of Indian and Afghan Air Forces.
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

well for one thing wandering around your own is not advised. Have one of his contacts there with you at all times. Kidnappings are frequent. Pickpockets are everywhere as are beggers.

Sanitation, forget it, only drink bottled water.

The clifton beach is nice . there is Jinnah's tome and the national museum both quite nice. Food is excellent but don't buy anything from a street vendor - only eat at restaurants.

Take plenty of immodium.
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          There is the Pakistan Air force Museum where
          The Coventry Air Museum has a captured Argentine plane in as have a few other museums round the UK so its no different to here.

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
            Have one of his contacts there with you at all times.
            Don't think he has any, it's his first time there

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
            Take plenty of immodium.
            Would that be because the food is spicey or because of bad hygiene?

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
              The Coventry Air Museum has a captured Argentine plane in as have a few other museums round the UK so its no different to here.
              You'd hope that most armed forces museums have a few "spoils of war" to display, it makes them interesting!
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post

You have little conception of what "bad hygiene" is until you have visited the sub-continent.
                Enjoy..............and take some good reading material for all the time you spend in the carsey!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
                  Don't think he has any, it's his first time there

I thought he was doing business. I'm sure one of his business associates can take care of you...there like that over there!

Both!!!!
                  McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                  Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    You have little conception of what "bad hygiene" is until you have visited the sub-continent.
                    Enjoy..............and take some good reading material for all the time you spend in the carsey!!

I am very fastidious about good hygiene and possibly slightly neurotic when it comes to eating out wherever I am in the world as I do not wish to expose myself to the risk of any stomach ailments. I will follow my normal routine of bottled water only and avoid salad and fruit that has been washed in water. I'll be fine.

Comment

Working...
                    X