• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doomed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doomed

Budget cut on contract and delay on second half phase.

Notice given on contract, which has a 'notice cannot be given on either side'. Going to finish two weeks early. Client offered two possible extra pieces of work both of which I wouldn't touch with Shaunbhoys.

Bench beckoning.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Notice given on contract, which has a 'notice cannot be given on either side'. Going to finish two weeks early. Client offered two possible extra pieces of work both of which I wouldn't touch with Shaunbhoys.

Bench beckoning.
    Ah well.............back down the Docks doing favours for sailors again for you MF.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      Ah well.............back down the Docks doing favours for sailors again for you MF.

Comment

Bench beckoning.
        Instead of the bench, can't you sack someone from your shop and do some work over the Christmas rush

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

Are you saying he gives handjobs? Like this ----->

Comment

Oh bum! At least it's only two weeks early.
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
              Oh bum! At least it's only two weeks early.

And at least its not at Xmas, then you really would b f....

instead, see it as an opportunity to land that 6 month contract that will take you over the Xmas break.

The world is your oyster Marillion Man!

(I must google Marillion and find out what/who they are)

Comment

Notice given on contract, which has a 'notice cannot be given on either side'. Going to finish two weeks early.
                Brilliant News. You can snap up a bargain fortnight in the Caravan. Win-win!! More quality time with the out-laws too!
                I believe Skegness is very nice in the late autumn!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                  Instead of the bench, can't you sack someone from your shop and do some work over the Christmas rush
                  Yes of course. But I hadn't planned to do that until the 2nd week in November when I was planning to sack everyone. Now I've got four weeks to pad before I ruin everyones xmas.

Comment

****ity **** **** ****ity ****!!

There's loads of contracts around I can do , but they're all in bloody London and I don't fancy the commute at the moment!!! madmad

Comment

Working...
                    X