• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security cleared Expo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Security cleared Expo

Anyone going to this?

Security Cleared Expo 2010 | Welcome

Seems like a crock of tulip to me . I used to have SC clearance and wouldn't go anyway. Employers looking for security cleared people?? Personally I'd be looking at their experience and quals first.

Is this an agency organised event per chance?

Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
    Anyone going to this?

Seems like a crock of tulip to me . I used to have SC clearance and wouldn't go anyway. Employers looking for security cleared people?? Personally I'd be looking at their experience and quals first.

WTF is it with this w-a-ker smily, I susgest CUK bin it right away as it's pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
      WTF is it with this w-a-ker smily, I susgest CUK bin it right away as it's pathetic.
      I thought it was a Gareth Hunt tribute.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        I thought it was a Gareth Hunt tribute.
        That's quite funny. Your talents are wasted here.

Comment

Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
          Anyone going to this?

My nephew is currently doing support on an MOD contract via Fujitsu.

Spoke to him last week and he mentioned Fujitsu have hired a bunch of people with absolutely no experience and the only reason they have been hired is because of their SC.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
            My nephew is currently doing support on an MOD contract via Fujitsu.

Spoke to him last week and he mentioned Fujitsu have hired a bunch of people with absolutely no experience and the only reason they have been hired is because of their SC.
            There has been much discussion and ranting about this in the other threads and is a topic that is very dear to Mal's heart. The agents aren't even allowed to say 'SC cleared applicants only' and are not allowed to discriminate on this during selection but it still happens. Bearing in mind it can take anything up to 2 months (and the rest) to get cleared, at cost to the client with a chance that you can still fail it is hardly surprising they are keeping it closed shop but it is stupid and has to have an affect on the quality of the output way above the cost of getting the right people..

Stupid really but it is as it is and will be for a long time to come I think.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X