• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are you a believer?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you a believer?

As a spriritually aware agnostic, I find today's climate in which strident atheism seems to dominate the airwaves more than a little depressing. If you are a committed believer, I think you'd probably not have a problem with this as you have your faith for comfort. If you are like me, and I suspect I'm in the majority, and don't believe in anything per se but just hope that there is something after we've popped our clogs then I think you'd probably share my view.

By the way, when I say believr I mean belief in God, afterlife or anything supernatural.
    I'm a believer
    15.15%
    I'm an atheist
    54.55%
    I'm agnostic
    9.09%
    AndyW is my saviour
    21.21%
    Last edited by gricerboy; 28 September 2010, 07:33.

Andyw is my saviour.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Yep, we really need an 'Andyw is the messiah' option here.

Anyway, I is an ayfeist innit.

But I'm not sure what you mean by 'strident atheism dominating the airwaves'. I think there's still a fair bit of religion on telly and radio; not that I would want that to be taken away, as religious people have as much right to enjoy the broadcast media as anyone else.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          not that I would want that to be taken away, as religious people have as much right to enjoy the broadcast media as anyone else.
          Then you're not a strident atheist of the same ilk as Dawkins, Fry, Tatchell et al

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
            Then you're not a strident atheist of the same ilk as Dawkins, Fry, Tatchell et al
            I take real comfort in my belief that there are no areas in which I share an ilk with Tatchell!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
              No I am not, but isn't it an exagerration to say they're 'dominating the airwaves'?

I would say that I am as certain in my atheism as Dawkins; that is, on a scale of 1 to 100, about 99.9 (recurring). I don't have any wish to force this on others though.

Comment

I don't believe in atheism or religion.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  No I am not, but isn't it an exagerration to say they're 'dominating the airwaves'?

I would say that I am as certain in my atheism as Dawkins; that is, on a scale of 1 to 100, about 99.9 (recurring). I don't have any wish to force this on others though.
                  They were all over the airwaves like a rash in the run up to the Pope's visit. Dawkins excepted, oddly enough.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    I don't believe in atheism or religion.
                    I don't believe in atheism either. Atheism is not about believing in something, even in science; at its best it's about constructive disbelief.

Comment

Working...
                    X