• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Snip snip and more snip

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snip snip and more snip

Morning All,

<snip>

one of the beauties of this forum in the old days, was that we were all forced to use our grey matter to insult each other within the contraints of the vocabulary offered by the Oxford English Dictionary.

In our 'real' world lives it's easy to swear and every body is doing it all the time

but CUK presented an oasis of gentlemanly insults using the Queen's English.

I am a particular fan of Shaunbhoys wit he is one of the champions of clever funny insults without swearing, as is Sas

for me, it takes the fun out things to simply write one word, you're a <snip> rather than trying to find a funny string of Queen's English vocabulary to express the same

If CUK wants to go down the slippery path of accepting then CUK should not be surprised as the boundaries are breached and breached further and further in the same direction

Smilies can emphasize the humour in a sentence, like adding or or , etc

but bringing in and and takes the fun and effort away from what used to be very interesting and very funny

CUK it's your choice, but do not be surprised by the new lows which will continue to be explored

<snip>

as I absolutely do not advocate the use of and as my pleas are ignored by the majority, then why should I go against the tide, why not to embrace the new direction and encourage the reaching of new boundaries ?

CUK, the Contractor's Forum

in the past CUK represented professionals and nobody could complain at the high standard of insults, but these days, with it becomes embarressing to be associated with such a bunch of <snip>

I'll stay though, because this is fun, to help CUK reach new lows and to see where it ends and who will win, those wishing to lower the forum and Contractors in general, or those wishing that CUK remains an oasis of old fashioned standards of gentlemanly humour

Milan.
    Last edited by administrator; 28 September 2010, 09:07. Reason: <snip>

Waiting for an engineer to unjam the printer again hey Milan?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Milan.

[see you gotta get in the spirit of the new smilies and the new forum direction]

Comment

If you read the post I made yesterday about this then maybe you would not have made this post. Use of the winker and puke smilies are fine if not over used. If they are used too much then I would remove them.

Your post is a little OTT. Appreciate you not liking the smilies so cast your vote in the poll and I will reconsider their place on the board in a day or so.

Comment

hi Administrator,

I voted for them - one has to embrace change and not fight it - Darwinism in action on CUK

Can someone please start working on the graphic of the new smilie for <snip>

ta,

Milan.
          Last edited by administrator; 28 September 2010, 09:16.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
            hi Administrator,

I voted for them - one has to embrace change and not fight it - Darwinism in action on CUK

Can someone please start working on the graphic of the new smilie for <snip>

ta,

Milan.
            Check your PM Senior Benes.

Comment

Hi Admin,

if I am banned for this protest, it will not have been in vain.

The analogy you are what you eat applies here too, you are what you smiley

The membership questions the decay of society, the out of control teenagers, encouraging such expression here only succeeds to add coal to that whole fire

CUK was an oasis of gentlemanly humour without direct personal insults using words outside the mandate of the Oxford dictionary, hopefully CUK will try to continue that path

Milan.

Comment

Milan

Go to the naughty corner and think about your actions. Spend 1 minute for each year you have been on the earth or for each IQ point you have.

Either way, see you in about 3/4 of an hour.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

group hug everyone

we need to re-find each other

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                    group hug everyone

we need to re-find each other

Milan.
                    reacharound

Comment

Working...