• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fag breaks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fag breaks

BBC News - Norfolk workers might not be paid for cigarette breaks

About flipping time I say! Why should smokers get paid breaks that non smokers don't get?

I seem to remember discussing this on here before and it got a bit heated... Just as well there are new smileys available!
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

McColleague and I just went for a wine break. Should we invoice for that?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
      BBC News - Norfolk workers might not be paid for cigarette breaks

About flipping time I say! Why should smokers get paid breaks that non smokers don't get?

I seem to remember discussing this on here before and it got a bit heated... Just as well there are new smileys available!
      I'm guessing you're a non smoker? Do you go get the odd coffee etc? Check the working time directives etc for the actual REQUIRED breaks. I suspect that you have more breaks than your are "entitled" to. Is that fair on non coffee drinkers?

Though I do see your point, I mean with a bit of creativity a 10 a day habit during the working day can reduce the working day to something close to nil.

Comment

Ever been for a 20 pound dump?
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I went out for a fag break and talked to the deployment manager about some issues. Can I invoice at time and a half for doing work in my time?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            I went out for a fag break and talked to the deployment manager about some issues. Can I invoice at time and a half for doing work in my time?
            Of course you can. You're a contractor ain't ya?
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
            X