• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rates down the drain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rates down the drain

Friends, i've been observing something extremely peculiar - seems like a conspiracy.
    I understand demand and supply but seems like every company has conspired to keep rates at a certain figure (hint: <400).
    In my skills area I hear a large consultancy has been hiring out bob @330 a day - so where it used to be 500 quid a day is now driven down massively (I even got a call for 200 and I almost abused the pimp there).
    Insist on more than that and I never hear from them - after superb interviews and project experience;.
    I'm now almost ready to hit permiedom (at such a young age!) @70k (incl bonus + bens. in the city).

Oh Dear

Comment

Didn't admin say they can't ban people just for crap posts...

This is a perfect example to argue the above policy...
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I think this is the reason:

The Biggest Job Cull Yet :: Business News :: Here Is The City News :: The Latest Business & Financial Markets News And Views

Looks like a downturn in the City.

If you have an offer of 70K I would seriously conisder it.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          I think this is the reason:

The Biggest Job Cull Yet :: Business News :: Here Is The City News :: The Latest Business & Financial Markets News And Views

Looks like a downturn in the City.

If you have an offer of 70K I would seriously conisder it.
          Very seriously.
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by yetanotherbob View Post
            Friends, i've been observing something extremely peculiar - seems like a conspiracy.
            I understand demand and supply but seems like every company has conspired to keep rates at a certain figure (hint: <400).
            In my skills area I hear a large consultancy has been hiring out bob @330 a day - so where it used to be 500 quid a day is now driven down massively (I even got a call for 200 and I almost abused the pimp there).
            Insist on more than that and I never hear from them - after superb interviews and project experience;.
            I'm now almost ready to hit permiedom (at such a young age!) @70k (incl bonus + bens. in the city).
            I like how you talk about 330 a day as though you can barely feed yourself on that.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsQuickerAntiClockwise View Post
              I like how you talk about 330 a day as though you can barely feed yourself on that.
              Yeah, me too. How the hell can you feed yourself on that
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                Yeah, me too. How the hell can you feed yourself on that
                Steady on lads. You'll be getting some **** wit poster, cant remember his username, who will talk down his nose at you for taking 'tulip rates' under 400 a day. I kid you not.

Everyone knows when the market is like it has been for the last couple of years that anything over 300 a day is a ******* healthy rate.

Keep searching and Im sure something will turn up for you.
                I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by yetanotherbob View Post
                  Yes. There's a complete consipiracy. Every company in the whole of the UK has made a commitment not to hire YOU (not anyone else) for more than £400 per day, forever. There's an internal, secret, underground communication line from every business in the UK to a central point, and you've been targeted.

Either that, or you're simply finding out what you're actually worth now that organisations have to think about their spending.

"Being a permy is like being married, when there's no more sex on the cards....and she's got fat."
                  SlimRick

Can't argue with that

Comment

Originally posted by The Agents View View Post
                    Yes. There's a complete consipiracy. Every company in the whole of the UK has made a commitment not to hire YOU (not anyone else) for more than £400 per day, forever. There's an internal, secret, underground communication line from every business in the UK to a central point, and you've been targeted.

Either that, or you're simply finding out what you're actually worth now that organisations have to think about their spending.

Trying to deflect the truth with irony are we?

The fact is that the OP is probably on the intra-agency 'greylist'. As has been discussed elsewhere on this forum, for £100 I can assure the OP's name is taken off, as I have kept a back door open from a previous contract with the shell company.

Comment

Working...
                    X