• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

An Open Letter To The Mods

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Open Letter To The Mods

For some time now I have been proud to have called myself an active member of this forum contributing to a wide range of discussions and starting many thought provoking threads of my own.

The fact that my morning train thread has over 45 pages and 8500 views is a testament to the contributions I have made to this forum since joining from Shout99 earlier in the year.

You can therefore imagine the profound sense of hurt that I feel due to the actions of what I assume to be a small number of forum participants vis a vis what I consider offensive comments left via the feedback utility. A small sample of these comments include "Cretin", "Somebody please shoot him", "dullard" and "tedious little man" and I have a wholely UNDESERVED reputation of -86. I am pretty much certain that SASGuru is responsible for a fair proportion of this as a fair number of comments are of the timbre that one would normally attribute to him.

It is not my intention to leave this forum but if I continue to be the subject of unwarranted abuse then I would have absolutely no option but to return to Shout99 and honour the members therein with my daily insightful posts and leave CUK bereft of the quality postings with which I have become synonymous.

SO COME ON MODS, ROOT OUT THE OFFENDERS AND NAME AND SHAME THEM!
    Last edited by gricerboy; 28 September 2010, 12:49.

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
    leave CUK bereft of the quality postings that I have become synonymous with.

'with which I have become synonymous'.

Get it right boy!
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

<---- Exit is that way

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

SO COME ON MODS, CAN YOU PLEASE DELETE MY ACCOUNT
        FTFY

Comment

For some time now I have been proud to have called myself an active member
          That is entirely in line with our feelings towards you. Opinions only become divided when mulling over the varying levels of activity that you indulge in, and whether or not it actually IS bad for your eyesight.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

gricer does your reputation thingy matter that much, if you ignore it it makes no difference and even by raising like this you are bound to attract those who will get enjoyment from doing it even more

Comment

Originally posted by Boudica View Post
                gricer does your reputation thingy matter that much, if you ignore it it makes no difference and even by raising like this you are bound to attract those who will get enjoyment from doing it even more
                Au contraire. My rep has just gone back up to -61; albeit because the villiun who left the comment "shut it dullard" must have somehow clicked the wrong button!

Comment

wholely DESERVED reputation of -86.

wholly

What other comments have you got? To give me a giggle.
                  Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

"Somebody please shoot him"
                    I lol'd.
                    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Working...
                    X