• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Whats the point of the Light Relief forum? No-one ever goes there ......

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats the point of the Light Relief forum? No-one ever goes there ......

Im tired of my cool threads like 'Karen Brady .... would ya?' going effectively into the rubbish dump.

Originally posted by ItsQuickerAntiClockwise View Post
    Im tired of my cool threads like 'Karen Brady .... would ya?' going effectively into the rubbish dump.
    I'm not
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Don't post rubbish threads then.

Comment

I disagree. If I'm bored of cutting and pasting I sometimes trawl through the jokes thread - there are some classics in there.

Comment

You could save us all some time, if you could type your post and then instead of clicking "submit", press CTRL+A, DEL. Or preferably, CTRL+F4.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I hang around in LR. Although we could do with a bit more quality in there.
            One-a-day is suffering from a sad lack of posting. I don't say that because I followed it but because it kept some of the wittiest posters on here.
            There are some cracking jokes in LR.

LR will rise again. We just need to replace those 'departed' with newer posters having some wit. Oh.
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
              Don't post rubbish threads then.
              WHS

Point hopefully taken.

Anyway - I like LR. Please put more jokes there, it's my favourite thread.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                WHS

Point hopefully taken.

Anyway - I like LR. Please put more jokes there, it's my favourite thread.
                I know a joke involving something black that slides down Nelsons column and involves Winnie Mandela. Is that appropriate to put in there?

Comment

I know a joke involving something black that slides down Nelsons column and involves Winnie Mandela. Is that appropriate to put in there?
                  1) Is it funny?

2) Is it less than 20 years old?

3) Is it unlikely to cause Admin any grief?

If (honestly) yes to at least two of the above, give it a try. What's the worst that could happen?

Comment

Firstly: threads like that aren't "cool" - they're rubbish, and deserve to be thrown on the rubbish dump. I haven't actually viewed or even noticed the thread, but as you have claimed ownership thereof, I assume it's rubbish

Secondly: would the mods please stop throwing rubbish into Light Relief rather than leaving it in the obvious rubbish dump that is General

Thirdly: if admin wants a place where the mods can throw rubbish from General without it polluting Light Relief, I can suggest something that comes free, gratis, and for nuffink

Comment

Working...
                    X