• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car Cycle Carrier

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Cycle Carrier

I am soon going to need to buy a cycle carrier for my car for 2 cycles. I want one that attaches to the back of the car as opposed to the roof. I have looked at the ones in Halfords but they do not look to secure - can anyone advise / recommend please ?

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    I am soon going to need to buy a cycle carrier for my car for 2 cycles. I want one that attaches to the back of the car as opposed to the roof. I have looked at the ones in Halfords but they do not look to secure - can anyone advise / recommend please ?
    Just bought a Saris Bones cycle rack - seems pretty good although I'm not sure it's really that much better than my £30 Halfords one.

Comment

Best ones I've seen act as a sort of extension to a tow bar and you stack the bikes separately, standing up as normal. There's no contact with the car.

Don't know where you buy these though and probably expensive.

Comment

I sometimes wish there were a conversion kit for bikes, that would turn one into a foldable bike (folded in two, nothing complex) that could then be slipped into the car boot. How hard can it be?

Plan B anyone?

Comment

Working...
        X