• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Disguising ContractorUK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disguising ContractorUK

In a followup to yesterdays discussion on smileys.

Is there anyway I can disguise CUK? I am in a very visible location and the ContractorUK banner, html with the words 'Contractor', 'IR35,' or 'Jobs' stand out so people walking past can see I am not on a 'work' site.

Is there anyway I can pass CUK pass through another site that will replace certain keywords and banners with others, such as 'Very Complex Data Warehousing UK' and 'Improve your clients business' etc

Suggestions welcome.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    In a followup to yesterdays discussion on smileys.

Is there anyway I can disguise CUK? I am in a very visible location and the ContractorUK banner, html with the words 'Contractor', 'IR35,' or 'Jobs' stand out so people walking past can see I am not on a 'work' site.

Is there anyway I can pass CUK pass through another site that will replace certain keywords and banners with others, such as 'Very Complex Data Warehousing UK' and 'Improve your clients business' etc

Suggestions welcome.
    Ask NickFitz to make the site look like this:

Or alternatively, do some ******* work!

No wonder clients are hiring Indians. At least they work!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Ask NickFitz to make the site look like this:

Or alternatively, do some ******* work!

No wonder clients are hiring Indians. At least they work!
      I am disguising all kinds of website.

Comment

Sorry MF, meant to respond to your smilie post but ran out of time yesterday. Had a few checks and can't see a way of hiding smilies. No suggestions at the minute I am afraid but will chat to Nick about this shortly to see what could be done.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
          Sorry MF, meant to respond to your smilie post but ran out of time yesterday. Had a few checks and can't see a way of hiding smilies. No suggestions at the minute I am afraid but will chat to Nick about this shortly to see what could be done.
          Admin - there was a post about disabling smilies. Use Ad Blocker Plus and you can select to disable all smilies on CUK.

Seems to work well

Comment

I would suggest looking at GreaseMonkey (FF, though Chrome supports GM scripts as a browser feature IIRC) if you want to make you own custom CUK. Smilies are just images though so you can block them easily enough... but CSS tweaking is more powerful.

What browser?
            Last edited by d000hg; 29 September 2010, 09:00.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              I would suggest looking at GreaseMonkey if you want to make you own custom CUK.
              Admin. Is there also anyway you can provide me with a button to press on a post, that scans the log files, gets the posters IP Address and then sends a massive ******* electrical shock through their keyboard???

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                What browser?
                Internet explorer. Actually I could use a custom CSS couldn't I!

Comment

I'd still like to figure out why 'Mark this forum read' works in all sections except General and Accounting / Legal

That's on three PC's all with latest version of FF.
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Admin. Is there also anyway you can provide me with a button to press on a post, that scans the log files, gets the posters IP Address and then sends a massive ******* electrical shock through their keyboard???
                    It's not going to happen, but that would be quite an App.
                    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                    X