• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Message to all hiring managers of UK IT contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Message to all hiring managers of UK IT contractors

Stop wasting money on lazy fookers like MF.

Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfers

Intra-Company Transfers (ICT's) allow multi-national employers to transfer overseas employees to fill a specific position which they have been unable to fill from the local resident workforce.

For this type of UK visa candidates need to have been employed by the overseas branch of the company for a period of six months or more prior to the application and must demonstrate that the candidate has the relevant knowledge and experience to fulfil the role.

Depending on the country you are applying for, applications must be made either by the sponsoring company or employee themselves.

Benefits

The main benefit of this type of UK immigration service is that unlike a standard working permit, an employer does not need to demonstrate that the position has been advertised before applying for an ICT.

The ICT route provides a straightforward solution to working abroad with a specific purpose. Unlike the UK's Highly Skilled Migrant Programme or HSMP, now known as Tier 1, no points based assessment is required; however, it will be required upon application to provide the reason for the transfer and to detail the duration for which the candidate is required.

Duration
    An ICT visa application can be valid for a period of between one day and five years, depending on the length of time requested by the sponsoring company.

The duration of the grant awarded to a successful Intra-Company Transfer visa application is also at discretion of the particular country's government.

ICT's are not intended as a route to settlement and at the expiry of these working permits; applicants will be obliged to return to their home country.

Eligibility Criteria
    Employer Requirements - Position
    To be eligible for the ICT visa service the position which the employer is seeking to fill must meet NVQ level 3 or above. Furthermore, if the candidate is a member of a specific profession they may be required to be registered with the appropriate governing body.

For example, a doctor must be registered with the General Medical Council. In addition, a selected candidate must have a level of knowledge that is essential to the post in the country.

Employer Requirements - Education
    The candidate must have one of the following:

•A relevant degree.
    •A non-relevant degree and one year of experience.
    •No degree and three years of relevant experience.
    Employee history within the organisation
    The employee for whom the ICT is being sought must have been employed by the overseas company for a period of six months or more prior to the application. Documentary evidence of this relationship must be produced before visas of this class can be issued.

Spouse Immigration
    A spouse/unmarried partner will be permitted to join an ICT holder on a dependency visa providing that they will cohabit with the holder of the Intra-Company Transfer visa.

In the case of an unmarried partner, they must be able to prove that the relationship has been in existence for at least two years prior to making the application for ICT.

Spouse immigration under this type of visa is granted as a temporary measure. Unlike a marriage visa or De Facto visa, commonly referred to as an Unmarried partner visa, ICT's do not provide a route for you or your spouse to obtain settled status.

Fook off!

It's not my fault I'm so talented I'm ahead of schedule!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Ok can someone give me a clue as to what DimSum is talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        ICT's are not intended as a route to settlement and at the expiry of these working permits; applicants will be obliged to return to their home country.
        This came up and was discussed at some length in that parliamentary meeting about ICTs I cited the other day, IIRC, and I don't think the situation is that clear cut. The pro ICT'ers at the meeting (all of them) seemed to think by not allowing residency for them and their spouses and all their relatives, it would put a lot of them off coming here, as this was their expectation.

Comment

It would have been fine program if they put minimum salary requirement at something like £50k

Comment

OI ! Why am I on the 'meet the team' list?

I'm, a) 'ahem' not UK based, b) not a contractor any more, c) not in IT anymore either?

How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
            X