• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Night Nurse

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Night Nurse

What do they put in that stuff??

I had the recommended dose before I went to bed last night and I still feel like a zombie, got a telephone interview in a couple of hours.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post

I had the recommended dose before I went to bed last night and I still feel like a zombie, got a telephone interview in a couple of hours.
    Doesn't it come with an antidote?

Comment

I think sedatives only last for a maximum of 4 or 6 hours, that is why you get woken up in hospital to take a sleeping pill. I think you are feeling tired because the quality of sleep you get is much reduced.

Comment

Probably has an antihistamine init that makes you feel drowsy.

Comment

They put Paracetamol, promethazine hydrochloride, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, Lactose, dimethicone, colloidal anhydrous silica, gelatin and colours erythrosine (E127), patent blue V (E131), quinoline yellow (E104) and titanium dioxide (El71) in it.

HTH
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I struggle to find non-non-drowsy versions of cough medicines these day, which is a shame because helping you get to sleep is the best part when you've a horrible cough.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Any proper contractor keeps a stash of Day/Night Nurse.

It's very good for getting you through the day when you feel like crap. Can't chuck a sickie, so may as well go to work and invoice!
              Cats are evil.

Comment

Only use Night Nurse in emergencies when you really have to get some sleep due to serious cold. This is for 2 reasons - it tastes absolutely vile so is a last resort and it will knock you out for some time the next day.
                Nytol is the same (strong antihist) but if you really need the sleep it does work.

Comment

It may not be the "Night Nurse". I have a cold and this particular one is making me very sleepy during the day.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I take Nitol on a Sunday night to help me get my body clock back into sync after the rigours of the weekend.

I believe its active ingredient is an anti-histamine & I often find its effects linger well into the next day. It also leaves an unpleasant taste in the mouth. I sometimes wonder if I'd feel any worse if I hadn't taken it and had had a bad night's sleep instead!

Comment

Working...
                    X