• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed!

Been completely ring fenced on this latest contract.

On the 2nd day I asked if they had showers so I could cycle in, the client said 'Don't worry or be distracted by anything else just concentrate on this one piece of work'

The whole lifecycle process was backwards and he ensured that I had limited exposure to anyone in the business except the odd requirements interview. Been really difficult & very boring.

Anyway managed to get out of the shackles at the end and have a couple of lunch time chats with other parts of the business. Chatted about how they could improve processes and systems in their areas.

Low and behold. Two internal offers to swap departments at the end of this contract.

What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

On the 2nd day I asked if they had showers so I could cycle in, the client said 'Don't worry or be distracted by anything else just concentrate on this one piece of work'

The whole lifecycle process was backwards and he ensured that I had limited exposure to anyone in the business except the odd requirements interview. Been really difficult & very boring.

Anyway managed to get out of the shackles at the end and have a couple of lunch time chats with other parts of the business. Chatted about how they could improve processes and systems in their areas.

Low and behold. Two internal offers to swap departments at the end of this contract.

Nice one! Just don't forget us Big Issue Sellers - slip us a note if you see us in the street - it's hard out there!
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Good work. You must have sucked a lot of to get that result.

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

It's because they don't really know him.

Once they do he will be out on his hairy

Comment

Aaah yes, the old "we pay contractors enough money to treat them like tulipe" fallacy eh? I would tulipe on his desk, smack him in the mouth and go down the pub and get ratted, then get into a fight with a polish builder and spend the night in the nick.

HTH
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            I would tulipe on his desk, smack him in the mouth and go down the pub and get ratted, then get into a fight with a polish builder and spend the night in the nick.

HTH
            No you wouldn't.
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I remember when you posted that just after it happened, mental!

Any other stories?

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                Aaah yes, the old "we pay contractors enough money to treat them like tulipe" fallacy eh? I would tulipe on his desk, smack him in the mouth and go down the pub and get ratted, then get into a fight with a polish builder and spend the night in the nick.

HTH
                MF's immature idiotic antics from an earlier part of his life are something you have day-dreams about aspiring to.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                X