PDA

View Full Version : Friday Fun: Best meal you ever had?

d000hg
1st October 2010, 12:48
What's the most wonderful food you ever ate? Was it at a restaurant or home-cooked, etc?

suityou01
1st October 2010, 12:50
What's the most wonderful food you ever ate? Was it at a restaurant or home-cooked, etc?

Bored doogie? :confused:

MarillionFan
1st October 2010, 12:53
The Everest Steak House. Yum yum yum.

TimberWolf
1st October 2010, 13:01
My best meals seem to coincide with my most hungry moments. Large cod and chips and a battered sausage (usually I don't touch batter) was heaven after coming back from holiday half-starved, as were any meals of almost constant eating for the subsequent 2 weeks. Actually, on that day back after holiday, I was in two minds about whether to buy a huge steak or go to the chippie. In the end the chippie won out. Maybe I needed carbs. Your body knows what it wants. Or perhaps I'm confusing hunger with pregnancy.

Mich the Tester
1st October 2010, 13:06
evening out here;

De Librije - (http://www.librije.com)

MarillionFan
1st October 2010, 13:10
My best meals seem to coincide with my most hungry moments. Large cod and chips and a battered sausage (usually I don't touch batter) was heaven after coming back from holiday half-starved, as were any meals of almost constant eating for the subsequent 2 weeks. Actually, on that day back after holiday, I was in two minds about whether to buy a huge steak or go to the chippie. In the end the chippie won out. Maybe I needed carbs. Your body knows what it wants. Or perhaps I'm confusing hunger with pregnancy.

Well that's Timberwolf off Mary Poppins list in the other thread then.

Lockhouse
1st October 2010, 13:19
My wedding lunch; Beluga caviar, lobster pappardelle, whole grilled side of turbot filletted at the table followed by panache of fresh forest fruits. All washed down with copious bottles of vintage Perrier Jouet.

Mich the Tester
1st October 2010, 13:21
My wedding lunch; Beluga caviar, lobster pappardelle, whole grilled side of turbot filletted at the table followed by panache of fresh forest fruits. All washed down with copious bottles of vintage Perrier Jouet.

:yay:

I've always stuck to the principle that if I'm going to get blind drunk I want the vomit to taste good on the way out.

GreenLabel
1st October 2010, 13:24
This place. (http://www.pavedauge.com/)

Normandy, France.

Xenophon
1st October 2010, 13:46
Bacon sandwiches.

Sunday mornings.

Xeno Towers.

singhr
1st October 2010, 13:58
back in the day I ate sushi off a naked Japanese girl, It was hard to know where the main course finished and the desert began.

Mich the Tester
1st October 2010, 14:00
back in the day I ate sushi off a naked Japanese girl, It was hard to know where the main course finished and the desert began.

Chocolate cake for pudding Sir?

wobbegong
1st October 2010, 14:09
Mrs. W's Vindaloo or Madras leftovers for Sunday breakfast.

Mmmmmmm :tongue

norrahe
1st October 2010, 14:10
Clams in garlic and white wine followed by the biggest king prawns I'd ever seen, in a small non descript restaurant by the sea in Portugal.

A local restaurant does the best rabbit ragu.

Moscow Mule
1st October 2010, 14:23
Roadside cafe in Fiji was pretty awesome curry, but I'd definitely recommend Vila Joya if you are in the Algarve.

Most of the best meals are linked to other good memories...

shaunbhoy
1st October 2010, 14:39

Sounds like you enjoyed the Fish course!!

:banana:

Lea
1st October 2010, 19:50
sounds really sad - but Pizza express do a pizza with caramalised onions with a hole in the middle filled with salad ...

WOW YUMMY WOW

and Subway - just plain salad on honey oat with no lettuce - topped with honey mustard dressing .... HMMMMMMMM :emb

portseven
1st October 2010, 20:17
The one I had this past Monday night was not too shabby.

A Turkish BBQ place up on Stoke Newington High St called Testi

Great Meze accompanied by hot flat bread that had been rubbed with the hot meat off the charcoal grill

Had a Kofte like thing that had been wrapped in thin flatbread. They also do a great side dish of grilled onions that were served in a v nice sauce (pomegranate and lemon?)

And if you were wondering they do serve a 'special' that you can work out from the Resturant name.

Cliphead
1st October 2010, 20:31
New local place just opened up across the road from where I used to live.

Had the wild boar, venison and rabbit hot pot - outstanding. I'm seriously thinking about moving back there, the wine list is outstanding too. Not to mention the twenty eight day cured steaks, the best Stornoway black pudding I've ever tasted and they've opened a deli so I can take it all home and cook myself.

:banana:

gricerboy
1st October 2010, 20:54
Simple. Best meal ever is a bender in a bun followed by a Knickerbocker Glory with my chum Malc at our local Wimpy.

d000hg
2nd October 2010, 10:12
Simple. Best meal ever is a bender in a bun followed by a Knickerbocker Glory with my chum Malc at our local Wimpy.Try to keep your sockie at least slightly consistent. Is this you giving up?

MarillionFan
2nd October 2010, 10:53
I think even Threaded is getting bored with himself.

Why don't you pop back Threaded before I start leaking Fiddles images over every Gricer post :wink:

norrahe
2nd October 2010, 22:02
:yay:

I've always stuck to the principle that if I'm going to get blind drunk I want the vomit to taste good on the way out.

Says the man who's picked a restaurant that's more expensive than the Fat Duck and Waterside Inn combined :eyes

I don't see the point in getting blind drunk where good food and good wine are concerned.

suityou01
2nd October 2010, 22:03
Says the man who's picked a restaurant that's more expensive than the Fat Duck and Waterside Inn combined :eyes

I don't see the point in getting blind drunk where good food and good wine are concerned.

Oh you should live a little :wink

How are you btw? :hug:

norrahe
2nd October 2010, 22:19
Oh you should live a little :wink

How are you btw? :hug:

Ok, obviously two different 3 Michelin stars restaurants aren't living a little :eyes

btw my vote went for a non descriptive Portuguese shack by the sea (and yes I have eaten at both the 3 Michelin places on a few occasions)

As for me, looking forward to a short break and finding a new job and a recipe for curried goat.

Sysman
3rd October 2010, 17:16
A cousin's wedding feast was my first experience of fine eating. Absolutely gorgeous and no expense spared.

Lots of good meals in France, one of the best being a nondescript family restaurant one lunchtime which was full of builders. Not posh but great grub. The full sea food platter in Paris which was a reward for helping a permie out of a jam was great too. We had a prolonged lunchtime there and were so busy eating and talking that just one bottle of wine was more than enough.

When I was in Yorkshire I was lucky enough to have a decent variety of good spots on hand. The home grown ham from pigs fed on beer slops was excellent.

As far as meals on the move go, British Midland were always good and a Lufthansa meal after a 6 month stint in the sticks with boring bland food was like paradise.