• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IB permies....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB permies....

Is it just me or are people in IB this smug, pleased with themselves and stuck up everywhere?

You know those people who you pull over for in a road where there's not enough room for 2 cars to pass - and instead of saying thanks (or even acknowledging) they just drive past as though you're the guy doing their shoe shine...

It just makes me want to scream "get over yourself dear I'm earning more than you!"

Just smile and invoice... smile and invoice...
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Is it just me or are people in IB this smug, pleased with themselves and stuck up everywhere?

You know those people who you pull over for in a road where there's not enough room for 2 cars to pass - and instead of saying thanks (or even acknowledging) they just drive past as though you're the guy doing their shoe shine...

It just makes me want to scream "get over yourself dear I'm earning more than you!"

No I think it's just Volvo and BMW drivers.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

No it's not just you. Yes they are.

Just send a big invoice.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        No I think it's just Volvo and BMW drivers.
        Over here in Holland, it´s VW and Audi drivers who are the complete s.

A few years ago, it was BMWs, but they seem to have swapped them for Audis.

As for Volvos; the ones that really get on my tit are the ones with an ichthus symbol on the back. Apparently their Dutch Reformed Calvinist God (no, he's not the same one as all the others; he's white, Dutch and very right winged) has given them license to treat every other road user like tulip.

Comment

I work in IB and it's not all of them - you do get some who are super smug, but then you get some everywhere. Not many likeable permies in IB though - I'll concede that.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Just send a big invoice.
            This is what gets me - if only they knew

The shoe shine guy will be around shortly... They have one that comes around the office on a Friday afternoon

Who would even use one of those shoe shine stations out in public anyway? (different thread I think!)
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

This is what gets me - if only they knew
              NEVER let them know; if IB permies believe they have it so much better than you, keep it that way. Let them know how much you invoice and they'll start scheming against you.

Keep on invoicing!

Comment

The shoe shine guy will be around shortly... They have one that comes around the office on a Friday afternoon
                A friday afternoon??? i.e. the exact point in the week when you no longer need shiny shoes? Every now and again you get little warning signs that a company has gone mad.

Mich is right. Contractors in banks getting paid more than everyone other than the directors and traders (indeed more than the crapper traders) is top secret and should never be mentioned for fear of queering the pitch. Just like how most senior software developers earn more than their project managers.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
                  A friday afternoon??? i.e. the exact point in the week when you no longer need shiny shoes? Every now and again you get little warning signs that a company has gone mad.

Mich is right. Contractors in banks getting paid more than everyone other than the directors and traders (indeed more than the crapper traders) is top secret and should never be mentioned for fear of queering the pitch. Just like how most senior software developers earn more than their project managers.
                  Yep, and testers earning even more than developers is so deeply wrong that I can only reconcile it with my conscience by sending a large invoice.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    Yep, and testers earning even more than developers is so deeply wrong that I can only reconcile it with my conscience by sending a large invoice.
                    I forgot about that one! The highest-billing contractor I have ever come across was a test manager.

Comment

Working...
                    X