• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working in Germany

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working in Germany

I know this should probably go inthe business and contacts bit but I need a fairly quick answer - A guy I used to work with is in the running for a consultancy gig out there. The role wil only before about 6 weeks, split over 2 locations in Germany. What is needed to work out there - He doesn't have a ltd company as yet but then I doubt that would be a goer in Germany would it?
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

I'm working out here using my UK ltd co. But shall be out of country soon... < 6 months
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
      I know this should probably go inthe business and contacts bit but I need a fairly quick answer - A guy I used to work with is in the running for a consultancy gig out there. The role wil only before about 6 weeks, split over 2 locations in Germany. What is needed to work out there - He doesn't have a ltd company as yet but then I doubt that would be a goer in Germany would it?
      To qualify as for a German work permit, the basic requirements for the employee and the German company are as follows:

* The potential employee has to be employed on equal terms as a German employee.
      * German or other European nationals are not available to fill the position.
      * Usually the employee must have a university degree or comparable qualification. For some positions there are special requirements.
      * The German company must be registered at the Labor Authorities in Germany and apply for a Corporate Registration Number.
      From here
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I did a few weeks in Dusseldorf and Cologne back in 1999 and all I needed was a toothbrush, passport and beer mitt.

Comment

What workpermit you idiot when Germany can't require work permit from a fellow EU citizen (apart from recently admitted states)?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            What workpermit you idiot when Germany can't require work permit from a fellow EU citizen (apart from recently admitted states)?
            Indeed. A beer mitt is recommended though.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
              A Lancaster would do nicely.

Comment

Working...
              X