PDA

View Full Version : Working in Germany

BoredBloke
1st October 2010, 21:14
I know this should probably go inthe business and contacts bit but I need a fairly quick answer - A guy I used to work with is in the running for a consultancy gig out there. The role wil only before about 6 weeks, split over 2 locations in Germany. What is needed to work out there - He doesn't have a ltd company as yet but then I doubt that would be a goer in Germany would it?

scooterscot
1st October 2010, 21:26
I'm working out here using my UK ltd co. But shall be out of country soon... < 6 months

suityou01
1st October 2010, 21:41
I know this should probably go inthe business and contacts bit but I need a fairly quick answer - A guy I used to work with is in the running for a consultancy gig out there. The role wil only before about 6 weeks, split over 2 locations in Germany. What is needed to work out there - He doesn't have a ltd company as yet but then I doubt that would be a goer in Germany would it?

To qualify as for a German work permit, the basic requirements for the employee and the German company are as follows:

* The potential employee has to be employed on equal terms as a German employee.
* German or other European nationals are not available to fill the position.
* Usually the employee must have a university degree or comparable qualification. For some positions there are special requirements.
* The German company must be registered at the Labor Authorities in Germany and apply for a Corporate Registration Number.

From here (http://www.workpermit.com/germany/requirements_for_work_permit.htm)

suityou01
1st October 2010, 21:43
I did a few weeks in Dusseldorf and Cologne back in 1999 and all I needed was a toothbrush, passport and beer mitt. :D

AtW
1st October 2010, 21:45
What workpermit you idiot when Germany can't require work permit from a fellow EU citizen (apart from recently admitted states)?

suityou01
1st October 2010, 21:50
What workpermit you idiot when Germany can't require work permit from a fellow EU citizen (apart from recently admitted states)?

Indeed. A beer mitt is recommended though. :wink

Doggy Styles
2nd October 2010, 06:59
I know this should probably go inthe business and contacts bit but I need a fairly quick answer - A guy I used to work with is in the running for a consultancy gig out there. The role wil only before about 6 weeks, split over 2 locations in Germany. What is needed to work out there - He doesn't have a ltd company as yet but then I doubt that would be a goer in Germany would it?A Lancaster would do nicely.